Who should we get if Toure leaves?

barca96

Given Busi will be a starter whoever comes in would need to accept being on the bench a fair amount. The likes of Mascherano and Cambiasso would not be willing to do that. Zapater as Estel mentioned would be a good choice, he could certainly do a job. J martinez would be an awesome signing too as he's a brilliant talent, although given he's a box to box player he'd really be an upgrade on Keita. Yaya is too good to be 2nd choice with limited playing time, his replacement is unlikely to be of the same quality unless they're guaranteed games.

exactly.
what we should get is a squad player, not a star player.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Given Busi will be a starter whoever comes in would need to accept being on the bench a fair amount. The likes of Mascherano and Cambiasso would not be willing to do that. Zapater as Estel mentioned would be a good choice, he could certainly do a job. J martinez would be an awesome signing too as he's a brilliant talent, although given he's a box to box player he'd really be an upgrade on Keita. Yaya is too good to be 2nd choice with limited playing time, his replacement is unlikely to be of the same quality unless they're guaranteed games.

And Zapater is actually good enough to also play at RB... After the signing of Villa I've been thinking if the club would make move for another ex-Zaragoza and Zapater fits the bill very nice as he could be back-up for Busquets and Alves!!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
yeah i agree let busquets stay in the first team and develop and there is always marquez to fill in for him.

but yeah if there is a player we need its a squad player for dm position and right back, but there is better than zapater out there for this role.

Barcafan 2304

Yeah, Busquets will be a regular in the starting eleven. If we get anyone who plays a similar role, cant see it being a top drawer signing, just an experienced guy who will probably start as a back-up to the anteater

Banana-Rama

I think Annan of Rosenborg would be good back-up for Barcelona at DM, he plays for Rosenborg in Norway so would be cheap and he looked really good at the World Cup. Also, for the right back position, what about Anyukov from Zenit, he looks like a very good player every time I see him. Or maybe Srna, they might be too expensive for what will just be the back-up right back tho, they are all non-EU players so that might be a problem also.

Home of Barca Fans