Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's a good manager, that's all. Plenty of other good managers out there. It's not like his results at Tottenham are ground breaking.

Klopp, Pep, Mourinho, Conte, Allegri, Jardim. None of them coming to Barca lol. Not Barca DNA. Neither will the likes of Setien, Marcelino or Montella.

JamDav1982

He's a good manager, that's all. Plenty of other good managers out there. It's not like his results at Tottenham are ground breaking.

He would be my first choice but not trying to argue for him getting it just that he shouldnt be off limits as Espanyol background.

Never happening anyway.

serghei

Klopp, Pep, Mourinho, Conte, Allegri, Jardim. None of them coming to Barca lol. Not Barca DNA. Neither will the likes of Setien, Marcelino or Montella.

There is a problem here, with this Barca DNA. A lot of managers do not have an unique style of their own, but know the art of versatility and flexibility, managing to adjust their approach based on the team's needs and it's strenghts. Great managers do that, in fact I'd call it the no1 asset of a great manager -- knowing how to set up up their team according with it's strenghts and weaknesses.

So, for example, how do we know that Allegri won't manage to make Barcelona play great football, if we don't give him the job?

If a great manager will come at Barcelona, it's not like he'll make a defensive team out of us. The players and the club's culture determine how the team plays generally (I'm speaking more in a broader sense), and any top manager would be crazy to go against it. It's the details that are different from manager to manager.

Take Lucho and Guardiola. Tactics are very different. But we still play in a way that is recognizable as Barca football.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let's sign Julian Nagelsmann, what a terrific job he has done with Hoffenheim. He is apparently a Madridista but we can convert him.

The first half against Bayern was a sheer beauty, Hoffenheim under Nagelsmann is playing really sexy football, reminds me of the good old Pep days.

Let's sign Julian Nagelsmann, what a terrific job he has done with Hoffenheim. He is apparently a Madridista but we can convert him.

The first half against Bayern was a sheer beauty, Hoffenheim under Nagelsmann is playing really sexy football, reminds me of the good old Pep days.

Germans would love it if this happens.

khaled_a_d

I like him, but guy is younger than many players in the squad (Messi,Mascherano,Suarez,Pique,Arda,Iniesta&Mathieu) and I don't know if he speaks the language.
This is a rare situation and usually when it happens it is one or two of the very old players. Not sure if he will be able to do the same here, Boas experience makes me hesitant

Barcilliant

It all depends on results. 8f we win either cl or league Unzue will waltz into the job.

If we just win the Copa things could get interesting. I expect our board to be under pressure and consider other alternatives.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You are probably right.

Appointing Unzue after a successful season sounds logical but it's more difficult to motivate the team with the same face particularly after a great season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And btw. just checked the odds. Unzue and Valverde are joint heavy favorites for the position.

Barcilliant

You are probably right.

Appointing Unzue after a successful season sounds logical but it's more difficult to motivate the team with the same face particularly after a great season.

I totally agree. Players get complacent and too comfortable.

I'd like to see Allegri here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans