Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

This is going to be such an important decision.

watershed moment for the club for the forseeable future.

one path leads to us being european champions again in the next 3-5 years.

another path leads to united and milan level mediocrity.

Barcilliant

Sign Allegri.

LoL I've been saying this for ages.

Problem is the board, Catalan media and fans are in love with the idea of " BARCA DNA"!

If Allegri came and our football was more functional then fantasy the Press would crucify him.

Look at Tata Martino. After the roasting he received after a 4-0 win (!!!!) our season went downhill.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tata was roasted because Rayo Vallecano had more possession than us, despite our 4-0 win.

That's where you are wrong.

Tata was roasted because he was an outsider. The Catalan press at times think they're some superior race and show disdain for foreign coaches, or coaches they don't like in general. Everyone that summer in the press wanted Valverde, and we got Tata. Martino was basically doomed from the day he signed that contract.

Whether he was competent enough for the job or not doesn't matter because the press were after his life from day one, and that's something they won't do to Lucho unless the situation turns really bad, but then again that's because Lucho hates the press.

Catalan press has its agendas too. You can see how they treat Pep now, or how they attacked him during his last season.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think you're both right. Since Tata was an outsider, the press nitpicked and criticized him at every opportunity they got. For example, the Rayo Vallecano game.

Barcilliant

That's where you are wrong.

Tata was roasted because he was an outsider. The Catalan press at times think they're some superior race and show disdain for foreign coaches, or coaches they don't like in general. Everyone that summer in the press wanted Valverde, and we got Tata. Martino was basically doomed from the day he signed that contract.

Whether he was competent enough for the job or not doesn't matter because the press were after his life from day one, and that's something they won't do to Lucho unless the situation turns really bad, but then again that's because Lucho hates the press.

Catalan press has its agendas too. You can see how they treat Pep now, or how they attacked him during his last season.

Exactly this is what I was talking about. Martino had started well and after that Rayo game we just went downhill. Our squad was piss poor also at the time.

The Catalan press and the purists are probably Barca's worse enemies.

This is the reason I don't want Xavi as a manager. He would boast about our 70 percent possession even if we got beaten 5-0.

F

FlaFCB

I hope the recent result will cause the board to reevaluate going for more of the same with Unzue.

I doubt it. They'd had renew licho by now, if not for his decision to leave. This board is filled with cowards. They don't like to take risks, always go for the "safer" option. It'd take something like the 2015 crisis for something to happen, aka Messi stirring something up by saying he won't renew unless they act seriously this summer.

Total-Football

It's no brainer Laurent Blanc. It's the safest most rational decision with the best benefit/risk ratio. He did everything correctly with PSG, now they play offensive aggressive football (barca way), they excel in possession (Pep) and he has given confidence to some youngsters and some players from the academy. Blanc won the league everytime and though they were not Lucky in the champions league he at the very least created an aura around them à la big teams in europe. Emrey done but benefit from what he was left with. La cerise sur le gateau he's a free agent, thus he can start planning next season henceforth.

Antimadridista1

Got absolutely no f*ckin idea.

I don't think that Valverde is capable to handle a squad with so many stars.
Blanc is a piece of shit, no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans