Wayne Rooney

Jenks

Lukaku has the potential to be a better Drogba. He played immensely for West Brom last season, and well the season before that. Fast, tall, very strong and good in the air (and young). On the other hand, Rooney is on the decline.

Based on what though? The fact that last season he scored less than the one before? Not much of a trend, especially when he scored 34 in 44 the season before last.

Alik

Based on what though? The fact that last season he scored less than the one before? Not much of a trend, especially when he scored 34 in 44 the season before last.

I looked up these stats:

He scored 17 goals in 35 games last season. The season before that 2 in 2 games in Belgium and 7 in 9 reserve games for Chelsea. Before that he scored 20 in 50 games (Last season in Aderlecht).

I think this should be his breakthrough season in Chelsea and it shouldn't be hampered by Rooney.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
So I read our bid was actually 20m pounds for Rooney which United rejected. I don't think we should really bid too much more. I won't lose sleep if we don't get Rooney tbh, I'm happy with Lukaku returning and even if he doesn't set the world alight, playing more regularly than he would be with Rooney here will only serve to help him become what he can be, a monster of a player.

Bertus

Laurent Blanc (PSG coach) confirmed that PSG is no more interested in Rooney or at least not a priority at all (does he mean we still have an interest in him? That Blanc is cracking me up with his cryptic comments, really :lol: )

He also added that he's a great player and that recruiting him will be an excellent move for any club.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
United are being really firm on not selling him. Moyes was really stupid to say what he did, though, I mean come on how did he expect Rooney to react? They want to have clear the air talks. He's handed a transfer request and also said that he's angry at what Moyes said... They need talks? Really? I can understand him not wanting to sell to Chelsea, cause if Rooney is reinvigorated by the move, we could romp to the title, but honestly Moyes has screwed up with his comments.

We'll see where this goes.

Martindn

What was wrong with what he said? Did not say he would only play in the case of RVP being injured, he said he was key to our play, could play anywhere and he would be an important striker when RVP is injured. Whats wrong with that? Its the sentiment sir Alex had, that Rooney is better behind Van Persie.

Jenks

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 1h

22 - Wayne Rooney scored or assisted 22 league goals in 27 appearances in 2012-13 (Fabregas 22 in 32 apps). Involved.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
they said on revista that Ozil was waiting for a call from united, but as they went for Herrera (and messed that up) it never happened and he ended up at arsenal.

:facepalm:

This Wayne Rooney situation has become such a huge problem for United, it's fcuking them up real bad... They should have kicked his ass, sold him to Chelsea and bought Ozil! After all, he is a jack of all trades but good for nothing, he's a player far from the one who could be considered a 'player that cannot be replaced'!!

What if they already have a CAM in Kagawa? Ozil actually does better than both Nani and Valencia in wings... And it's not even like Moyes is new to the tactic of playing an attacking mid fielder out wide! he did all the time for Everton with Arteta, Pienaar and Osman!!

SAF should have advised their stupid owners to get rid of Rooney as soon as he announced Moyes as his successor!!

:facepalm:

This Wayne Rooney situation has become such a huge problem for United, it's fcuking them up real bad... They should have kicked his ass, sold him to Chelsea and bought Ozil! After all, he is a jack of all trades but good for nothing, he's a player far from the one who could be considered a 'player that cannot be replaced'!!

What if they already have a CAM in Kagawa? Ozil actually does better than both Nani and Valencia in wings... And it's not even like Moyes is new to the tactic of playing an attacking mid fielder out wide! he did all the time for Everton with Arteta, Pienaar and Osman!!

SAF should have advised their stupid owners to get rid of Rooney as soon as he announced Moyes as his successor!!

I've been saying that since I knew that we were offered Özil. I mean Rooney is a very good player, potential world class striker, but Özil is simply one of the best players at the moment. Selling the headache that Rooney is and getting Özil to replace him would've made Moyes job so much easier. RvP with the service of Özil and we would've walked the league. I love Kagawa but even he isn't one Özils level. We had a golden opportunity this summer and Wenger was smart enough to recognise that Özil is simply too good to miss out on. He already is with RvP the best player in the league.

We now have to extend Rooney otherwise we look like fools next summer. I mean we already do look like fools but this would be even worse. Keeping Rooney for one year of service even though a much better player was available and given his wages would've come cheaper in the long haul. If Rooney wasn't from England noway they wouldn't have sold him.

Jenks

If RVP were to get injured, Ozil isn't going to replace his goals the way Rooney would. To lose Rooney you'd have to replace him with more than just Ozil.

Home of Barca Fans