Wayne Rooney

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Welbeck?

He scored 1 goal last season! United would struggle for goals if they only had Welbeck up front.
For welbeck to be their only option up front RVP and Chicharito both should be injured... By that logic, even Rooney could get injured and they would end up with only Welbeck as an option up front!!

DavidVillano1

At the end of the day Danny Welbeck is not going to replace the goals RVP would get over a season, he doesn't score anywhere near enough for United, Hernandez is a different story.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
At the end of the day Danny Welbeck is not going to replace the goals RVP would get over a season, he doesn't score anywhere near enough for United, Hernandez is a different story.
exactly... Hernandez is more than a good option to have as a back-up option for RvP, Welbeck is an added bonus. Keeping Rooney to step up when RvP isn't available isn't worthwhile because he is killing the CAM option for Utd from where Kagawa could just wreck havoc with all the space he would find available when facing the EPL teams. On top of that, they even gave up on Ozil now!! :facepalm:

Wayne Rooney is just not worth it... Actually, far from it!!

Meitux

There's no comparison actually . Ronney after all is a center forward, but he is capable of playing as attacking midfielder, that's the main difference. With Rooney they can have 2 goalscorers in the game and creativity but with Kagawa less goalscoring, and that happens because Rooney is who he is. Personally im always of the opinion that Rooney has to play as center forward, he may work as playing a little bit more deep and free but playing him so deep and even sometimes as central midfielder is just wrong..

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

I think Rooney-kagawa pairing can compensate for the loss of RVP if he gets injured,Chicarito is also a terrific backup(although I don't think he's too happy about that).......Welbeck is supposed to be a utility player like park so, I don't get why Moyes plays him so regularly....

AttackingFlair

Scored his 150th league goal for United yesterday and it was a cracking goal. He has been United's best player by a mile this season. Leads the assist table in the premier league and champions league.

H

Haruko The Goon

Great player. will have 1 year left in the summer.

Chelsea should move for him again. £35m, United won't say no.

Cule4life

The Culest
Great player. will have 1 year left in the summer.

Chelsea should move for him again. £35m, United won't say no.

35m for a player with 1 year left on his contract? That's insane even for Chelsea
United will let him go on free or sell him to PSG Monaco etc rather than to Chelsea. They aren't Arsenal :pep:

H

Haruko The Goon

It's Rooneys decision.

If he wants chelsea he'll either force a move, or wait until his contracts up.

I don't think United will let him go for free.

H

Haruko The Goon

If I were Mourinho I'd get rid of Torres, and try to buy Rooney.

At the same time recalling Lukaka. And letting Eto'o go at the end of the season.

Rooney Lukaka Ba - what a trio that would be.

S7_MUFC

If Rooney ends his career at United he will become one of the most iconic players in the history of the club so there is no reason for him to leave United if we get the midfield sorted out...

Home of Barca Fans