Valeron vs Riquelme

Who was better?

• Total voters

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Two of my favouritest all time players.. Who wins?

You decide.
riquelme%20villareal.jpg
jcs-valeron_60708.jpg

Last edited:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Went for Valeron, Riquelme is probably the more talented of the two, just. But Valeron has been awsome for longer, much more consistent.

Sergio

Sergison
Valeron 100%

I met him last year in Coruña, I don't think he remembers me though, such a legend, day before a match and he was out drinking.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
You met Valeron? You are more legendary than I thought.

I had serious man crushes on both of them, Valeron more so because he's not a bostero. I love Riquelme's style and he's the more talented of the two but he's a selfish bastard and needs a team to be built around him. It's a shame Valeron missed so long with injuries but he's a great leader.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
remember you saying, pure L.A.D+ve behaviour.

riquelme was a sulker but so good, but valeron would perspire ability with no real sign that he cared because he was so relaxed.

Sergio

Sergison
By met I mean was in the same club as him, yes. Very loyal of him though to be in there even before a game as its the nightclub owned by Lendoiro.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Riquelme is a bottler and is weak mentally.........thus my choice is Valeron who along with Baraja was amongst the best midfielders in the world in the early 00's.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I would like to see a Valerjon vs Mendieta poll actually. Or Baraja, but I tend to think Mendieta was better during his brief peak.

Home of Barca Fans