Trincao (on loan)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This isn't a money-laundering deal for crying out loud.

Yeah just because some people never heard of him doesn't mean the dude is some money laundering transfer like Douglas was.

Even Douglas wasn't a money laundering deal. Zubi wanted to sign Rodrigo Caio who was a highly rated CB prospect, but struggled with serious injuries so he took a punt on Douglas.

The true money laundering deals are the massive ones. Sometimes clubs take a gamble on bums. Even Sir Alex Ferguson did when he signed Bebe.

Devils

It's too bizarre of a signing to understand!

Why sign a guy for this much who has shown less than Dembele, Ansu and Perez for 31m?! Crazy money for an unknown talent.

Nobody outside of Portugal knew about this guy before this week.

This and the Fernandes deals look like Abidal and the rest of the Sporting Department have lost their damn minds fffssss.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

It's too bizarre of a signing to understand!

Why sign a guy for this much who has shown less than Dembele, Ansu and Perez for 31m?! Crazy money for an unknown talent.

Nobody outside of Portugal knew about this guy before this week.

This and the Fernandes deals look like Abidal and the rest of the Sporting Department have lost their damn minds fffssss.

Actually Juve linked to him past summer.

El Gato

Villarato!
Same way you guys think Mbappe is practically yours ;D Our "board" papers have been all over him. Quite arrogant though.

And I dont think Messi is an argument against a striker - just look at Suarez. He benefits a lot. I would kill to start next season with 2 strikers. So hopefully Suarez accepts a smaller role.

It's difficult to say for definite he's bound our way in 1-2 years. He's recently been vocal about liking Liverpool so who knows, maybe that's the super-team. He might actually get somewhat annoyed at everyone saying he's practically RM so Zidane and Perez will just plonk a platitude in their interview every 4-6 months to stay on his good side until he's keen to move.

Suarez benefits a lot because he knows where to be and he played with him for 5 years. A new striker won't immediately be able to and Leo's old so not much time to grow the partnership. It's like most other strikers in Argentina NT who didn't really work with Messi and didn't quite click, bar Kun who is somewhat alright.

Lautaro has a 110m release clause. Why wouldn't he want to join us and play with Messi? I'm just a bit sceptycal because he's another forward who is better playing alongside a stronger #9 (like Lukaku), the same as Griezmann. If we wouldn't have the Frenchman I would be all for signing Lautaro but now I'm not so sure. Suarez will stay for sure next season and still start a lot of games so maybe would be better to bring someone cheaper to give him more rest and then go for Haaland in 2021 (Sport Bild has reported this week that he has a 75m release contract after 2021) while spending most of our remaining money this summer on a CB and a creative midfielder. But Bartomeu will surely go for a big name forward in a year before elections with Neymar and Lautaro the most likely choices. And if I have to choose between them it's an easy decision for me.

Many reasons. Icardi didn't really want to leave to any big team when they were qualifying for CL. I don't know how likely it is that Lautaro will now that they are in the middle of Conte project, clear improvement and big chase to take Juventus down. Given he could have many options given time he doesn't need to rush a move, it's not like Barcelona won't come for him again in 1, 2 or 3 years. No matter who is president. Messi factor is the only reason, but honestly it's obvious he will see he has Griezmann and Suarez to compete with and won't get much game time.

Co0ter

31mil for a 20 year old who has 2 goals in 10 games in his professional career for Braga?

Okay.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why spending a whopping 31m on someone nobody else seems to be interested in (I didn't find his Youtube highlights that impressive by the way) while we didn't want to spend more money on Yan Couto (who I actually found quite impressive from the Youtube highlights) that some seem to rate highly and we already know others like City are interested?

Something smells fishy about this deal.

CanadianCanadian

He was best player in U-19 UEFA Championship with 5 goals and 3 assists.
Everybody in Portual seems to rate him highly.
Looks to be a good player, but I doubt we'll see him play for us right away. Most likely a loan for a year unless he really impresses whoever our manager at the time is.

Home of Barca Fans