Trincao (on loan)

messi2140

6racies Xavi
So since he's the RW I assume Messi to CF is a lock?

Doesn't mean anything. In 2018 Griezmann was their target and when that didnt work out, they bought Malcom.

There is no idea or planning with this board when it comes to buying players. He could be a good player though.

Last edited:

Raketa10

We can't assume anything since we don't know shit about him. He scored 3 goals this season so it's 10 mil per goal then. :lol: Am I the only one skeptic about this transfer?!?! To much money and our scouting has been horrible for the last couple of years. I hope this kid is a real gem but this is usually a recipe for disaster...

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Ah I thought it was official. But let's say it is. Surely it means:

LW - Griez, Ansu, Dembele
ST - Messi, Griez
RW - Dembele/Trincao, Messi, Perez

in that order. You can assume positional shifts. I don't see Setien pushing him back to RM or RWB, but hey, anything can happen I guess.

Raketa10

ST - Messi, Griez

in that order. You can assume positional shifts. I don't see Setien pushing him back to RM or RWB, but hey, anything can happen I guess.

Perez was sold to Roma yesterday.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This would explain why we didn’t sign a striker this winter...

Btw he’s played 90 minutes only once this season lol

1.5 years from now. Trincão sold for 45 million. :bartomeu:

Nah, we will struggle to sell him for 20m in a couple of years. Most likely a loan with an option to buy in 2 years.

Messi983

ST - Messi, Griez

It's official but he'll only come in summer. Perez is gone to Roma and Dembele could be sold in summer when we'll also buy a new striker.

So next season we'll have something like:

LW: Griezmann, Fati
ST: Suarez, Lautaro
RW: Messi, Trincao

Not really sure if Lautaro is the one we should buy but it's better than bringing back Neymar.

As for this season we are down to Messi-Griezmann-Dembele/Fati. Hopefully they'll stay healthy if not we'll have to play Alex Collado (a midfielder converter to winger) or a recent Barça B signing Rey Manaj.

Oh, and of course we can always try out Roberto as a striker. :benitez:

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
What makes you think Inter will sell, lol and that Lautaro would want to join you? Particularly if they don't win the league it'll be hard to convince him to leave in the middle of a Conte project.

Still, it makes more sense to buy decent wingers who can finish and feed Messi than fork out godless amounts of money on a striker who'd have to adapt to Messi playing in the middle and get far less service from the flank.

mc_lovin

What makes you think Inter will sell, lol and that Lautaro would want to join you? Particularly if they don't win the league it'll be hard to convince him to leave in the middle of a Conte project.

Still, it makes more sense to buy decent wingers who can finish and feed Messi than fork out godless amounts of money on a striker who'd have to adapt to Messi playing in the middle and get far less service from the flank.

Same way you guys think Mbappe is practically yours ;D Our "board" papers have been all over him. Quite arrogant though.

And I dont think Messi is an argument against a striker - just look at Suarez. He benefits a lot. I would kill to start next season with 2 strikers. So hopefully Suarez accepts a smaller role.

Last edited:

Messi983

Lautaro has a 110m release clause. Why wouldn't he want to join us and play with Messi? I'm just a bit sceptycal because he's another forward who is better playing alongside a stronger #9 (like Lukaku), the same as Griezmann. If we wouldn't have the Frenchman I would be all for signing Lautaro but now I'm not so sure. Suarez will stay for sure next season and still start a lot of games so maybe would be better to bring someone cheaper to give him more rest and then go for Haaland in 2021 (Sport Bild has reported this week that he has a 75m release contract after 2021) while spending most of our remaining money this summer on a CB and a creative midfielder. But Bartomeu will surely go for a big name forward in a year before elections with Neymar and Lautaro the most likely choices. And if I have to choose between them it's an easy decision for me.

MTL_Barca

He just turned 20 and only recently became a starter for Braga so i'd say this tells us nothing. We don't even know if he'll be in the Barca squad next season.

If anything he is a RW prospect for the time Messi will have to slow down or even retire. Don't forget the man is turning 33 this summer so Barca has to start thinking about some new strikers, especially with Dembeles injury problems.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Lautaro has a 110m release clause. Why wouldn't he want to join us and play with Messi? I'm just a bit sceptycal because he's another forward who is better playing alongside a stronger #9 (like Lukaku), the same as Griezmann.

Couldnt disagree more. Lautaro is as much a #9 as Lukaku in Inters setup, not at all comparable to Griezmann, whos really a hanging/2nd striker. And I think it would be disastrous to start next season with just one real striker, so Lautaro>>>Neymar. Fati/Dembele, Suarez/Lautaro, Messi/Griezmann sounds perfect to me (given Dembele stays injury free).

Trincaos place depends on Dembele for me. If Dembele stays healthy for the rest of the season, I would loan him.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Gives me memories of Quaresma
Anyway, hope he is good. We surely needed wingers and youth. May be he is worth it.

xXKonan

This isn't a money-laundering deal for crying out loud.

Yeah just because some people never heard of him doesn't mean the dude is some money laundering transfer like Douglas was.

Home of Barca Fans