Trincao (on loan)

Gnidrologist

Watched most of the Juve-Spor game. I really like his panache. He's very elegant player and it seems he's got more effective with his decision making now. Sporting doesn't play him as focal point, which i think is their mistake, as he rarely puts his foot wrong even in difficult, tight space situations and some of his moves are Figo-esque (pardon me). I'd really like to see him instead of any of Ferret/Fat next season tbh. He's not fast, but certainly knows what to know with the ball. Of course, he a;so is far from natural speed merchant, line hugging winger that Xavi for some stupid reason supposedly wants, but he certainly can beat his men, quite often in entertaining manner and he's good at fast linkup play. Would still be lost, if asked to play in retarded Xavicross system. He's very good all-around dribbler-passer, who seems to have great awareness of his partners and can take responsibility on the ball no problem. Compared to ferret/fat dribbling ability, he's fucking Maradona and thinks much quicker. Prolly still physically weak, but thinks and acts twice as fast as those two. Only thing Raph has on him is workrate and sheer urge. Trinc seems to drop out of game from time to time, if he is not explicitly passed to. Not the kind of proactivity, moving into spaces in the right time and with right energy, that great players do, so he often gets bypassed by his teammates, who are mostly less skilled than him.

jamrock

Failed at Barcelona
Failed at wolves

Move on Portugal his is level, maybe lower level German team.

Hopefully they sell him & we get a bit of extra cash.

Porque

There are news with Francisco Trincao. Sporting de Portugal has already activated the mandatory clause on this player. The Verdiblanco team certified the purchase option more than a month ago and therefore the Portuguese will continue with the Lions next season.

---

Sometimes players move too early. Sporting will probably make some money on this one (I think we still have 50% of transfer rights so us too) with another PL attempt in a few years.

We're not going to particularly rue losing him I don't think. So good business all around if Sporting manage to squeeze a bit fee from England down the line.

EDIT

This is from when the deal was done last yea

rO Jogo' reported that the agreement between the two is a done deal. However, the Lisbon club will not pay the 20 million euros that Barcelona were asking for to let him leave on loan.

Finally, Sporting CP will pay ten million euros to get the Portuguese player. However, Barcelona will keep 50% of the player's rights, so they could gain in the future.

But none of the Catalan rags are mentioning the 50% of the rights today. Either they forgot, or it was a lie last year. Which would be, again, a very Barca shitty deal.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

There are news with Francisco Trincao. Sporting de Portugal has already activated the mandatory clause on this player. The Verdiblanco team certified the purchase option more than a month ago and therefore the Portuguese will continue with the Lions next season.

---

Sometimes players move too early. Sporting will probably make some money on this one (I think we still have 50% of transfer rights so us too) with another PL attempt in a few years.

We're not going to particularly rue losing him I don't think. So good business all around if Sporting manage to squeeze a bit fee from England down the line.

EDIT

This is from when the deal was done last yea

rO Jogo' reported that the agreement between the two is a done deal. However, the Lisbon club will not pay the 20 million euros that Barcelona were asking for to let him leave on loan.

Finally, Sporting CP will pay ten million euros to get the Portuguese player. However, Barcelona will keep 50% of the player's rights, so they could gain in the future.

But none of the Catalan rags are mentioning the 50% of the rights today. Either they forgot, or it was a lie last year. Which would be, again, a very Barca shitty deal.

Wolves get 20% of the 10m Barca received for this season and 20% of anything Barca get in the future.

JamDav1982

Wasn't aware of the second 20%.

What's the logic in us rewarding them for a loan?

Something to do with them paying 6m if they declined to sign him after the loan but still having a stake in him to make it worthwhile.

6m for Trincao loan was never going to be all there was to it.

Messi983

Struggled to get minutes in first half of the season but started 2024 very well. 5 goals and assist in 4 games (played full 90 minutes in last three games). Should have kept him instead of wasting money on Raphinha.

Some quality finishes here...

Home of Barca Fans