Trincao (on loan)

Messi983

Would have made sense if it was obligatory.

Yes, a bit more sense but still not much. Now if he'll play well they'll surely buy him without him ever getting a fair chance here, if not they'll just return him.

I want him to do good but at the same time not well enough for them to buy him so he can get back and get a chance under a new coach.

i_bleed_blaugrana

To be honest Collado will have no chance here unless Koeman is interested in him.

Not sure why you claim he has no chance. Yeah he wont be an automatic starter but he could definitely see some minutes off the bench and starting in low risk matches. Outside of Messi, the only other left footed attacker we have is Greiz and he is not exactly a natural winger.

FC433

^ [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]
precisely, a lose-lose situation. I think our financial situation is a lot worse than we thought.

vegitot

Not sure why you claim he has no chance. Yeah he wont be an automatic starter but he could definitely see some minutes off the bench and starting in low risk matches. Outside of Messi, the only other left footed attacker we have is Greiz and he is not exactly a natural winger.

At best he will have minutes like Trincao had this season unless he is a world beater talent already.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Yes, a bit more sense but still not much. Now if he'll play well they'll surely buy him without him ever getting a fair chance here, if not they'll just return him.

I want him to do good but at the same time not well enough for them to buy him so he can get back and get a chance under a new coach.

It is not obligatory so we have the final say on accepting the transfer or not in the end. If he is worth more than 29 at that point, we can just deny the transfer and sell him to someone else.

Especially considering the fact that Wolves are taking his wages off our books, it is not bad at all in financial terms. People need to get over the fact that we paid 40 for him, we overpaid first off then and his value his depreciated since he has been here so even if we did just end up with just 29 in the end, it is just a result of where the market is and not indicative of poor negotiating on our part.

FC433

It is not obligatory so we have the final say on accepting the transfer or not in the end. If he is worth more than 29 at that point, we can just deny the transfer and sell him to someone else.

Especially considering the fact that Wolves are taking his wages off our books, it is not bad at all in financial terms. People need to get over the fact that we paid 40 for him, we overpaid first off then and his value his depreciated since he has been here so even if we did just end up with just 29 in the end, it is just a result of where the market is and not indicative of poor negotiating on our part.
They have the option to buy him for that set fee. They do not need to negotiate with us.

i_bleed_blaugrana

At best he will have minutes like Trincao had this season unless he is a world beater talent already.

I think he has potential to be one if he is used correctly by Koeman. If we play 433 and he is on the RW then he could really shine and impress and earn more minutes. But just like Trincao, he wont fit in a 3 back system at all.

All I want to see is give Collado some minutes with the first team in his preferred position and see what he does. I think he has more potential to fit in quicker than Trincao does but if he is not doing much then naturally he will get minutes like Trincao.

Really all depends on how Koeman plans on balancing Greiz, Aguero and Depay and their playing time/positions and if he tries any different systems outside of 433/4231/352.

Andresito

Staff member
That buy option seems low considering what we bought him for. Hope there's some sort of percentage on future sale included, but I doubt it.

i_bleed_blaugrana

They have the option to buy him for that set fee. They do not need to negotiate with us.

Yeah for the fee, if Barca and Trincao agree to sell him to Wolves. They would still have to convince Trincao to pick them over us however in that situation otherwise, the loan ends and he returns back to Barcelona.

FC433

Yeah for the fee, if Barca and Trincao agree to sell him to Wolves. They would still have to convince Trincao to pick them over us however in that situation otherwise, the loan ends and he returns back to Barcelona.
But that rarely happens, and we are in no position to intervene (we may end up in a legal battle :lol:).

Joan

Barca has no say in it. Probably already dealt with Trincao too. If they want him for the set price at the end of the season, they'll have him. Can't remember a single example of a player blocking an option to buy and turning the club down

Obligatory means the club a player's loaned to has tu buy, not (only) that the club the player comes from has to sell. That's already granted by an option to buy.

Andresito

Staff member

Never heard of a buy option not going through because the player refuses. I think the player needs to agree beforehand for there to be a buy option. In other words, Wolves have full control over the player. Otherwise the buy option would be pretty pointless.

Home of Barca Fans