Transfers and Rumours - old thread

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Tello's agent in talks with Dortmund?
Rooney on his way to PSG?
Adil Rami want to leave, PSG and we are interested?
Pedro to PSG?
Daniel Carvajal to RM?
Everybody wants Thiago?

It's gonna' be another looooong silly season :lol:

I

instinct

Alexis Sanchez (24) has been rejecting all offers he received in past weeks. He wants to stay at least one more year at Barcelona. [sport]

Give him more freedom and It'll be ok.

Kerrybai

Alexis Sanchez (24) has been rejecting all offers he received in past weeks. He wants to stay at least one more year at Barcelona. [sport]

Give him more freedom and It'll be ok.

He would probably benefit from playing with Montoya behind him which would allow him to ease up on defensive duties.

Tito also needs to play him off Messi's shoulder instead of glued to the touch line where he is completely lost. Mind you I would happily let him go for 20+ million.

Z

ZiZu

Sanchez leaving ??

Right we need a list of the players that are definitely STAYING !!!

@barcastuff: Since Barcelona have signed Neymar, Juventus and Inter have again shown interest in Chilean forward Alexis Sanchez (24). [tuttosport gazz]

Vilanova accepts Thiago Silva cannot be signed. Marquinhos, Inigo Martinez and a third unknown player are the main centre back options. [md]

It sucks if Thiago Silva isn't an option any more, but at least it looks like those rumors about Tito not getting a CB and deciding to stick with Adriano were BS.

Anyways, I think I'd go for Marquinhos over Martinez. If we can't get Silva, we might as well get the next Thiago Silva :lol:

I still think a more proven world class CB (i.e. Silva if we can get him, or Kompany, who we've been linked with, though not so much recently) would be a better choice, and I'm still skeptical about going for a youngster (I'd be fine with it if we only needed depth, but we need a CB to replace Puyol as the starter), but Marquinhos (or Martinez, for that matter) would definitely be a much better choice than some other players we've been linked with (Luiz, etc).

Last edited:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Seriously man if Thiago leaves, I'll hate tito and the board for so long man. wtf is this shit? have one of the brightest talents of the decade and just let it pass through you fingers... srsly we need a coach with his head out of his behind

Last edited:
I

instinct

Thought that PSG is interested in Pedro? Maybe ( :rosell: ) Pedro + 10 Million would be enough to get Silva. Ah, Thiago staying and Silva coming..would be a dream!

I

instinct

I think that Pedro is worth more. He is relatively young and a great winger. You're right when you say that he was bad this season, but in-form he is a great player which he showed us over the past years. And especially a club like PSG could pay this amount.
Just my 2 cents.

Stric

I don't understand why everyone rates Pedro at 10-15 mil, when at the same time we're talking about 20-35 figures regarding Sanchez. They're about the same age, and they're in the same ballpark, except Pedro is a Champions League winner, and part of the WC and EC winning squads. And in general, he's been an integral part of arguably the most successful team in the history of football. How the hell can Sanchez be more than twice as expensive?

P

PhilS

As a wise Scotsman once said: "I wouldn't sell that mob a virus". :eusa_think: [He did however sell them Cristiano Ronaldo, which is close].

On a serious note

For the Barcelona Coach to come out with that he didn't know about the buyout clause dropping to 18m, I find STAGGERING.

If Tito is speaking the truth, then this is INCOMPETENCE of the highest order.

How is remotely possible that you can allow a scenario where one of the brightest talents to EVER come out of La Masia, gets poached by one of your biggest rivals?

:tito: - It's your F***ING JOB to know this!

We are now entirely at the mercy of Thiago and his father. He have been truly caught with our pants down, we're getting shafted from all directions and we're all out of lube.:spank:

If Thiago leaves, the WHOLE BOARD should resign. What a f***ing joke!:angry:

I'm angry too, but not at Tito, Thiago or his father. The business side of the club was responsible for keeping Tito aware of this, and they must accept serious blame for not keeping him updated all year about all such contract clauses.

But if Thiago leaves, the main reason was the acquisition of Cesc. Just like if a forward decides to leave this year or next year, the big reason will be the acquisition of Neymar. This type of thing is going to happen, it is not avoidable and it is the trade-off for bringing in big talent. A team the quality of Barca needs 15 to 18 players good enough to be stars for top clubs. Most players that good want to play full time, so they will put up with insufficient playing time for a year or two, and then move elsewhere.

Pep was brilliant at spotting and developing young talent. Most coaches are not, so if this is a Tito weakness, he is just normal.

Doobs

The Messiah
Marquinhos would be great but we need a player with experience in big games. Marquinhos could work as a second cb signing for the future.

Home of Barca Fans