Thibaut Courtois

Andrew M

Why are there no rumours of us being linked with him? It's a pretty fucked up situation for him at Chelsea now.. he has done so good for the past two seasons at Atlético. He can't really go back just to sit on the bench for Cech.
Will they loan him out again? Does he even want to be loaned out again? Will they replace Cech with him next season?

Maybe there are some opportunities for us to sign him this summer.

Would cost a bomb, that's why

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Tbh I want him to be loaned to a solid EPL club, I think he even said he wanted an EPL loan before returning to Chelsea. The biggest reason I don't want Falcao is because they'll want Curtious in a deal. F that!

Andrew M

Tbh I want him to be loaned to a solid EPL club, I think he even said he wanted an EPL loan before returning to Chelsea. The biggest reason I don't want Falcao is because they'll want Curtious in a deal. F that!

Is that because of the aerial ball myth? That football is so 'different' in England for a GK?

He will get top level exposure in the Champions League which is more valuable I think.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Courtois would be the perfect GK for Barca, but I doubt Chelsea will sell him especially if Mou becomes their next manager :/

Jadentheman

Didn't he get an award for best GK in La Liga? I am sure Barca is looking into obtaining him in this offseason now

Doobs

The Messiah
Courtois is great but being so tall he tends to struggle getting down low quickly. Although no doubt, top talent and one for the future. Great reflexes.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Didn't he get an award for best GK in La Liga? I am sure Barca is looking into obtaining him in this offseason now

He's most likely going to win the Zamora trophy (least amount of goals conceded per game) this season. Getting him would mean we'd keep the tradition up as Valdes (5) and Pinto (1, at Celta Vigo) are both Zamora winners.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I really hope that we get Courtois!!!!

Would be perfect if we get him, Neymar and Hummels/Silva

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Not totally, some keepers win matches for their teams. I feel a Zamora would feel more valuable to a keeper of a club who isn't either Real Madrid or Barcelona. Barcelona have so much possession at times that other teams don't even get a shot cause they lose the ball before making it to the defence! :lol:

Andrew M

Not totally, some keepers win matches for their teams. I feel a Zamora would feel more valuable to a keeper of a club who isn't either Real Madrid or Barcelona. Barcelona have so much possession at times that other teams don't even get a shot cause they lose the ball before making it to the defence! :lol:

I have seen a lot of Atletico matches and they get so many clean sheets due to Miranda and Godin being rocks. Courtois is very solid, but I've not seen too much of the spectacular. You can be be the best keeper in history but without a good defence you will concede plenty.

Andrew M

Well Atletico play by far the most defensive football of the top teams in Spain.

Exactly. Sometimes it can be painful to watch, but, for some odd reason, I've found myself witnessing two of their 0-0s. :lol: Simeone is a very defensive coach.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I think this guy is the best keeper out there, considering his age, however Chelski would never allow him to move to Barca unless we paid upwards of 30mil.

Home of Barca Fans