Thiago Silva

barcaboy15

Can I dare say he's even better than Pique? He's got more pace and is better on the ball too.

:amazed: What!? How dare you say such a thing!

Though seriously my top 5 defenders are: Pique, Puyol, Silva, Vidic and Lucio - in no particular order other than Vidic last.

barcaboy15

Silva is nowhere close to Pique quality. Actually people overrate him a little bit.

I'm obviously biased but in my opinion Pique-Puyol are the two best defenders, with maybe Lucio 3rd (think he's underrated). I think Silva is very good though, and young with a lot of scope to get even better.

Co0ter

How is Thiago Silva over-rated?! Lucio hasn't been at his best for a while now honestly, he was ok during the treble winning season but even then not as good as he used to be. Vidic is great too obviously. But how does that make Silva over-rated...? He's one of the best and I don't exactly see who, other than the obvious, is better than him?

He made a few mistakes his first few games for Milan and hasn't put a wrong foot since. He was their best defender last season and when they won the title this season, probably their best player this SEASON (as in entire season), period.

Ash1899

:lol: :lol:

Which world are you living in?

Yea a CB, who got only one booking (a yellow card) in an ENTIRE campaign (Coppa, Serie A, CL) and who played in one of the toughest tackling leagues in the world is overrated

:lol:

Ash1899

CBs and GKs usually develop later in their careers and usually are the ones who can maintain their level the longest...

Chainsaw

Killahead
In which aspects he is 'nowhere close' to Pique?

In every aspect.

For the people who exactly don't know what 'overrated' means, overrated doesn't mean 'shit'! Lol at that guy mentioning Thiago Silva's yellow cards as a factor in this case. I don't remember anyone was talking about the GREATNESS of Thiago Silva last year when his club wasn't winning anything and he was a sub in Brazil NT. Now they talk as they are talking about Paolo Maldini!

And Now Silva got better than Lucio and Pique too! FFS!! :whatever: Yeah in what world we are living in?!!

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Silva's got brilliant speed and excellent anticipation, he cuts out so many balls due to his intelligence for me the best defender last season alongside Abidal

Home of Barca Fans