Thiago Alcantara sold to Bayern for 25 million euros

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I was hoping until the end that he would stay but when Pep showed interest it was only a matter of time :(

We might be able to manage with this midfield, but that's assuming that we barely get any injuries and Xavi stays fit... which is assuming a lot. We probably won't be able to get Gundogan this summer but perhaps we can get him next year instead. Him or Oliver Torres.

Goodbye.

LOL at people acting like we're losing on the second coming of Messi.

Well we did lose our most promising midfielder and we risk losing Bartra and Montoya as well. It's hardly a good signal for our youth players.

Last edited:

ShandyFFM

I think we wait one or two seasons. Then if Thiago plays less than expected his new contract clause will give us the option to buy him back. After we bought him back for less than 10mil we will loan him to a segunda b team :tito:

jamrock

was looking forward to seeing a thiago near link up, now. it will be gotze thiago for a decade if they develop how we expect them to with kroos added in.

we need to buy some good young players to make the transition from xavi and tiniest as smooth as possible, since in our new world masia youngsters are treated like garbage that we just throw away for nothing or keep rooted on the bench.

Darko

Fucking fuck,I blame the clowns in our management who inserted the stupid clause in the first place and Tito not playing him when we had the Liga in the bag.

ceefoo

...now. it will be gotze thiago for a decade if they develop how we expect them to with kroos added in.
I can't imagine Thiago staying at any club much longer than 3 years, other than Barca. I think he will go on to play for other clubs in different leagues. He has shown that he has a very high opinion of himself and will go where he feels appreciated and earn a ton of cash in the process.

I am kinda split as to whether I'd want him back. Preferably, I'd like him to fail spectacularly, just out of spite. But under Pep's tutelage, I don't envision this to happen and maybe in a few years when Pep and Tito have both moved on, he may want to come back here.

My opinion is: If a player is not committed to our club, then he has no future here. It's just outrageous that mgmt. negotiated such a lousy buy-out-clause.

Make no mistake ... Although Thiago forced the move, mgmt. were largely to blame for short-sightedness and the players poor handling.

zanela

I think we wait one or two seasons. Then if Thiago plays less than expected his new contract clause will give us the option to buy him back. After we bought him back for less than 10mil we will loan him to a segunda b team :tito:

I thought Bayern's is no-nonsense management, and don't do stupid clauses. And i haven't read anything anywhere alluding otherwise. He's gone merely on Pep's assurances.

Degane

Thiago wanted to leave and barca mgmt wanted him to leave to. Rosell wants the number 11 to be NEYMAR's. Marketing comes first with Rosell. :(
I do agree, if a player isn't committed to staying then he shouldn't. In fairness, I think the club got a good price and Thiago is happy to fight for a place in a different system. Good luck to him, he wanted a new challenge and here is one.
BUT WE NEED SOMEONE ELSE IN MIDFIELD. Seriously, 1) there is no Xavi replacement EVER... no matter how good whatever player is, you can't replace everything that Xavi is for barca.
2) This board does not seem to think about injuries enough, as it stands, we need more players coming in, if Xavi, Iniesta get injured. I agree more creative players.

Archangel77

Don't worry about Thiago. He could never achieve what Xavi does. He is too cocky and arogant. He can't defend well and near the box he doesn't know what to do with the ball. Even when he pass, he gives the ball some effect that is very hard for his teammates to control. At the passing precision I think he is very good for U17, not for U21, and especially not for Barca. He gives the ball in a hard point so that his teammates have to run or make a suddent stop to get it.It is very good that Tito got rid of him. You'll see at Bayern, he will get to be a third choice in the midfield. Tony Kroos or Schweinsteiger are far better and constant than Thiago. And to remember another important aspect: he was injured badly a few times by now and he is not a physical plauer and on Bundesliga if you want to compete with them you have to be physical.

starman

Losing Thiago is another consequence of Rosell staying in his chair. This man should be the first one to go.

starman

Don't worry about Thiago. He could never achieve what Xavi does. He is too cocky and arogant. He can't defend well and near the box he doesn't know what to do with the ball. Even when he pass, he gives the ball some effect that is very hard for his teammates to control. At the passing precision I think he is very good for U17, not for U21, and especially not for Barca. He gives the ball in a hard point so that his teammates have to run or make a suddent stop to get it.It is very good that Tito got rid of him. You'll see at Bayern, he will get to be a third choice in the midfield. Tony Kroos or Schweinsteiger are far better and constant than Thiago. And to remember another important aspect: he was injured badly a few times by now and he is not a physical plauer and on Bundesliga if you want to compete with them you have to be physical.

You should have seen his pass to Ribery for the third goal yesterday before you wrote this post man.

Stric

:lol: :lol:

Newsflash, Thiago is 22.

J

jiopi

You should have seen his pass to Ribery for the third goal yesterday before you wrote this post man.
:lol:

You mean the pass that Cesc would do with his eyes closed? Furthermore they beat Hamburg 9-2 in the league without him.

Good moneys we got from this traitor.

tiki-taka

I personally believe not inserting a buy back clausule after 3 seasons or a first refusal was a big mistake even if it means Cesc would be the successor of Xavi, there is no telling how good Thiago might be after 3 seasons and Iniesta will be at that time 32. Secondly, I believe Cesc should get more minutes than Xavi cuz I noticed he suddenly declined in his performance last season and he wasn't playing really at his best including at the confederation cup in Brazil.

Home of Barca Fans