Thiago Alcantara sold to Bayern for 25 million euros

Faceless

No more faces at night
I dont understand,isnt Gundogan good enough for you?

No he is good enough,it would be great if he comes here but I have said Gundongan was not suitable for Barca before Thiago left.. So I'm eating my words up now. So delicious. :facepalm:

leon

I would rather buy a CF than a bench-warming CM. When Xavi, Ini is overloaded, we can play double pivot Busi-Song/Masc (I really want to see Masc back to the position where he was considered one of the best). 6 players upfront can be arranged like:

Option 1:
Neymar/Tello--------Messi--------Alexis/Pedro
---------Ini/Cesc-------------Xavi/(Cesc)-------
-------------------Busi/Song---------------------

Option2 (where Xavi unavai)
---------------------New CF----------------------
Neymar/Ini------Messi/Cesc-------Alexis/Pedro
-----------Masc/Song------Busi------------------

I had forgotten about the fact that Neymar's fee was to be split over three years. Well, in any case we have about the right amount to buy TS if its possible. If not, Marquinhos would cost well over 25 million now that PSG is raising the stakes. AND we need to move fast for him. We should either get Marqui now or give it our all for Thiago Silva. N'Koulou is also a credible option. In any case one extra CB should give some room for Masche to cover for Busquets, which will mean Song will be playable as CM. Only the attack would be a little thin.

Moe-23

I have nothing against the board or management for this one, they tried their best to convince thiago to stay, and at the end of the day he forced out this move. Only thing i think they should have thought of was a loan move for him, maybe that would have been better? Maybe we can now look towards sergi roberto, perhaps he can fill thiago's boots.

Maria

I have nothing against the board or management for this one, they tried their best to convince thiago to stay, and at the end of the day he forced out this move. Only thing i think they should have thought of was a loan move for him, maybe that would have been better?

Really? And how did they tried their best? By not using him almost at all in the last 5 games so his clause won't rise? By saying that it was his choice if he wants to leave or stay?
I think it's pretty clear that they need money to buy a CB and Thiago was the only one who could bring them to us. And it's ok, but we don't have to lie and say that they wanted him to stay because they didn't, just like Thiago wanted to leave as far away from Tito as he could.
In this situation you could almost say that the deal was good for everyone, but I think that on the long term Barca, Thiago and Bayern will regret it. Barca because Xavi isn't getting any younger and Cesc or Sergi are no where near of what a CM should be at Barca, Thiago because Schweini and Kroos are far better players than he is and won't get much playing time and Bayern because they paid 20M for someone that will be a back-up(though I understand why they would grant Pep his wish after they got Gotze just because he is Germany's golden boy and because they wanted to debilitate BVB).

Maybe we can now look towards sergi roberto, perhaps he can fill thiago's boots.

Sergi Roberto has been constantly outplayed at Barca B by Rafinha, Luis Alberto or Deulofeu so I doubt that he will ever be more than a back-up at Barca. But unlike Thiago he will be happy with this role and to be honest for the minutes that Thiago played last season, someone like Sergi Roberto is more than enough.

Maria

I don't really see how Thiago can help Bayern, he's a subaverage player in that squad.

Yes, but right now Bayern can afford to buy him just to have Pep happy. After Xavi's last 2 years and Cesc's 2nd halves of season we were the ones that shouldn't have sold him. I just hope that we pay Oliver's clause next year..though I doubt it. :(

Birdy

Mascherano or Song cannot play instead of Xavi...
Even the so overrated idea of the double pivot is restricted for games of high importance, Real or CL (even for those games i am convinced it does not suit Barca and you will have the chance to see that if Tito tries..), not for games when XAvi needs rest, which are most easy home games versus the Osasunas and Valladolids of LaLiga or Copa..
WE need a creative player also there.. Iniesta also needs to rest. Remember that he is injury prone.. We need to go for someone this season. Its a colossal mistake not to buy someone and rely on Roberto. It might cost us titles..
If we buy a new CB, Bartra should be loaned out..

Home of Barca Fans