The squad planning thread

serghei

Barca choked 10 out of last 11 years in Europe with the best player ever by a landslide while Real won 5 ucl in 9 and got in Guiness world records

Don't see the point in mentioning the previous Bartomeu era as part of this conversation. It's been talked to death and nearly everyone agrees that Bartomeu and his board fucked us big time. It is going to take 4-5 years and much long-term damage to get rid of the financial problems his tenure caused. If we even manage to do it and don't succumb to debt.

It is likely Bartomeu's presidency caused a spiral of events that is going to lead to the sale of the club 10 years from now.

Don't see the point in mentioning the previous Bartomeu era as part of this conversation. It's been talked to death and nearly everyone agrees that Bartomeu and his board fucked us big time. It is going to take 4-5 years and much long-term damage to get rid of the financial problems his tenure caused.
I am just saying Madrid went into Guiness world records while Barca had far and away the best player in the history of the game.Let that sink in.I know I have,thats why I dont support Barca anymore.

serghei

I am just saying Madrid went into Guiness world records while Barca had far and away the best player in the history of the game.Let that sink in.I know I have,thats why I dont support Barca anymore.

Good for you. You are a child if you think a player is more important than a club president. Pep alone was 2 times more important than Messi lol. :lol:

That's because a player's influence in such a complex sport as football is not as high as some kids think.
he is best player EVER.in HISTORY of the universe. 91g 22a in 69 games.Goal or assist every 53 MINUTES.

if he played for royal whites they would have had 51 ligas and 19 ucl by now

Slevinn

I hope we can loan (somebody like) Cancelo. He would do better than Alonso at LB and give us a different profile on the RB

Bit weird that we are not even linked with him. Doesn’t City want to get rid of him anymore?

vuji_31

I hope we can loan (somebody like) Cancelo. He would do better than Alonso at LB and give us a different profile on the RB

Bit weird that we are not even linked with him. Doesn’t City want to get rid of him anymore?
They want to sell him and we are broke.

Look how Madrid will get Cancelo and Alphonso for peanuts.

mc_lovin

He's expensive... and a gamble. Also half the player people think he is based on this one (half) freak season at City.

City, Bayern and Juventus were all more than happy to get rid of him. That says it all. Hard pass.

Slevinn

He's expensive... and a gamble. Also half the player people think he is based on this one (half) freak season at City.

City, Bayern and Juventus were all more than happy to get rid of him. That says it all. Hard pass.
Like I said, it doesn’t have to be him. But he has kind of the right profile (attacking RB who can also play as LB) and it’s something our squad could really use.

soul24rage

For me, we need the following:

- RB (linked with Fresneda, but we'll see)
- Back up Pivot (not sure if Xavi's plan is to have either Bob or Garcia as the Back Up Pivot)
- Back up LB
- Back up GK

Once we get these positions sorted then I think we will be strong in all competitions

Home of Barca Fans