The squad planning thread

khaled_a_d

I don't even know what this rule is, dawg.

Barely any Spanish talent these days though so perhaps amendment to these crazy rules is needed.

It is UEFA rule, your squad for Europe need 8 homegrown from the federation that ypur club is under (so, for us, RFEF)
Out of the 8 players, you need 4 of them to be club homegrown.
Homegrown players are ones who played 3 years in the club/Federation between age of 15-21.
Araujo is few months short for example

Messi983

Didn't know where to post this...

FycyP4UWIAIoRJE

jamrock

The future is bright, just need a couple more key signings & xavi to keep developing, it not a new coach.

Messi983

So this is how our squad looks currently. I know people complain about signing older players but I quite like overall age structure/balance of the team.

GK: MATS (31), Pena (24)
RB: Kounde (24), Roberto (31), Dest (22)
CB: Christensen (27), Araujo (24), Inigo (32), Garcia (22), Lenglet (28), Mikayil Faye (19)*
LB: Balde (19), Alonso (32)
DM: Romeu (31)
CM: de Jong (26), Pedri (20), Gavi (18), Gundogan (32), Kessie (26), Nico (21), Torre (20)
RW: Dembele (26), Raphinha (26), Collado (24), Yamal (16)*
ST: Lewandowski (34), Vitor Roque (18)
LW: Fati (20), Ferran (23), Abde (21)

Veteran players (30+)
Players in/entering their prime years (24-29)
U23 players

Players with unknown future
future signings
Rejects/possible loanees
* Barca B players who could get minutes

Only counted each player once so for example didn't include Kounde as a CB or FDJ as a DM.

28 total first team players including future signing Roque (I think he'll come in January) and also Romeu who should be signed soon.

malvolio

Squad looks underwhelming as fuck. Midfield and attack especially.

You can put together a decent 11. But the bench quality is worst in Europe, out of the big clubs.

L3v1s

Squad looks underwhelming as fuck. Midfield and attack especially.

You can put together a decent 11. But the bench quality is worst in Europe, out of the big clubs.
Having no backup for Lewy is disastrous. If he gets injured they'll have to count on Ferran again.. This is just a ticking bomb, if one of the starters gets injured they are screwed.

serghei

The squad is ok, it's the fans' expectations that need adjustment. Have a look at the squad from 2021-2022 if you want to see what a shit squad looks like. We have improved a lot since those days.

The squad is ok, it's the fans' expectations that need adjustment. Have a look at the squad from 2021-2022 if you want to see what a shit squad looks like. We have improved a lot since those days.
Barca choked 10 out of last 11 years in Europe with the best player ever by a landslide while Real won 5 ucl in 9 and got in Guiness world records

mc_lovin

Starting 11 looks great if we can make Gundogan, Frenkie, Pedri and Gavi in midfield work.

Depth is shit, but we could fix that by getting a DM and RB. Not impossible until the end of the window.

soul24rage

My expectations for this season

-Get to the Copa del Rey final
-At least be competitive for La Liga title until the last day
-UCL QF

Home of Barca Fans