Tanguy Ndombele

Tekkers

is there anyone who values rakitic over this guy? hahaha

i thought real would be all over this guy but that seems to pogba's destination, and with man city looking into rodri. the only viable options for him seem to be here or psg

would really make our midfield more dynamic

BBZ8800

i thought real would be all over this guy but that seems to pogba's destination, and with man city looking into rodri. the only viable options for him seem to be here or psg

3 DMs in Ndombele, Frenkie, Arthur?
Sounds promising.

You guys laughed at Busi, Raki, Vidal.
Now you are getting the same shit with younger guys and more movement.

A crazy idea, how about actually playing with 2-3 different types of players?
If Ndombele will come, Arthur will get benched for some true CAM.
Imagine playing in La Liga against crappy teams with 3 defensive minded midfielders.

In last 2 years in league, cup and Champions league:
Frenkie+Ndombele+Arthur combined=8 goals
The worst player in a history of football, Rakitic=9 goals alone

A hint: in 1-2 years when Messi will be gone, we will need a lot of players with scoring skills to compensate for 50 goals per season which we will lose due to Messi's retirement.
Imagine this mighty trio, passing, playing rondos, passing sideways and scoring 1-2 goals per season.
Sounds promising.

In short, in post Messi's era, at least one of these 3 will develop a very strong emotional relationship with a bench.

Before someone will reply with the most overused alibi ever: BUT BUT BUT Xavi-Iniesta were the same.
Yeah, they played with the prime Messi who was banging 50+ goals per season.
Let's see how a similar type of midfield will work in terms of scoring goals without Messi.

Imagine Arthur-Frenkie-Ndombele with Dembele-Malcom attack.
Lots of movement, zero finishing.

PreXavi-Iniesta, we had Laudrup, Deco and lots of weird hybrid cams-wingers to help to attackers in scoring.
This combination worked perfectly only with Messi around them.

Last edited:

Raketa10

3 DMs in Ndombele, Frenkie, Arthur?
Sounds promising.

You guys laughed at Busi, Raki, Vidal.
Now you are getting the same shit with younger guys and more movement.

A crazy idea, how about actually playing with 2-3 different types of players?
If Ndombele will come, Arthur will get benched for some true CAM.
Imagine playing in La Liga against crappy teams with 3 defensive minded midfielders.

In last 2 years in league, cup and Champions league:
Frenkie+Ndombele+Arthur combined=8 goals
The worst player in a history of football, Rakitic=9 goals alone

A hint: in 1-2 years when Messi will be gone, we will need a lot of players with scoring skills to compensate for 50 goals per season which we will lose due to Messi's retirement.
Imagine this mighty trio, passing, playing rondos, passing sideways and scoring 1-2 goals per season.
Sounds promising.

In short, in post Messi's era, at least one of these 3 will develop a very strong emotional relationship with a bench.

Before someone will reply with the most overused alibi ever: BUT BUT BUT Xavi-Iniesta were the same.
Yeah, they played with the prime Messi who was banging 50+ goals per season.
Let's see how a similar type of midfield will work in terms of scoring goals without Messi.

Imagine Arthur-Frenkie-Ndombele with Dembele-Malcom attack.
Lots of movement, zero finishing.

PreXavi-Iniesta, we had Laudrup, Deco and lots of weird hybrid cams-wingers to help to attackers in scoring.
This combination worked perfectly only with Messi around them.

100% true! On the other hand Coutinho was brought for that and he plays LW all of the time so what's the fucking point in bringing CAM when Retardo won't play him?

BBZ8800

100% true! On the other hand Coutinho was brought for that and he plays LW all of the time so what's the fucking point in bringing CAM when Retardo won't play him?

I know.
Frenkie is a DM.
If he is a DM, then Arthur can be a controller, and a 3rd guy needs to be someone like Coutinho/Alena/Eriksen.

If Frenkie is a CM, then Arthur can play only on the bench.

Since 2008, we had 10 players who played a supporting cast for Messi.
Without Messi, we will need 4-5 players who will be able to score goals.

Yet, we have a team filled with pussies who can't score and who are passing the ball to Messi in every single action.
That won't be good enough in post-Messi's era.

A good thing, some usual subjects of our forum will need to widen their horizons and start to value other skills except off the ball movement and trying to replicate Xavi-Iniesta since the end of time.
It won't work.
We'll need to try new tricks and return to systems pre-Pep, which worked as a team, without Messi.

snowy

100% agreed btw but couldn't believe my eyes at first. BBZ wishing for a more attacking squad say whaaaaaaaaa :omg:

trouble is, it's gonna be damn tough coming up with attacking style players every1 will agree with. For any given pick, even a top quality one, there's gonna be tons of detractors.

In the end, we need a manager and board with rhyno thick skin, with an attack oriented vision and the determination to see it through, even if met with protestations from the current vets, me thinks xD

Riordon

I agree with you BBZ. I want a Frenkie-Ndombele with Alena in front of them. No Arthur as I’m not a fan

Then you have a “controller” with dribling skills in Frenkie, a box-to-box with fantastic passing in Ndombele and a goalsocer in Alena. It’s young, it’s has plenty of energy and all of these seems like winners. I’m willing to sacrifice a season for it to work but both Frenkie and Ndombele are both top 10 CM this season

Newcomer

Juventus, Bayern are also after him.
Real if they miss Pogba too.
MU could be in the mix.

Think there is zero chance he goes to PSG.
Aulas despises PSG, the player doesn't seem to push for a particular club either (contrary to Mbappé who pushed for PSG ).
There is a reason why PSG don't buy often in Ligue 1. The few world class players are being sent abroad by their presidents.

Fabinho who will be in CL final with Liverpool had agreed all with PSG the year Mbappé came. His president made a last minute move to stop their deal. What could have been, snif !

Newcomer

I just gave you an example.

Fabinho was going to sign for PSG before Vadim puts a stop. He had agreed for 45 M transfer then last day, he asked 65 M and PSG walked out.

Newcomer

I agree with you BBZ. I want a Frenkie-Ndombele with Alena in front of them. No Arthur as I’m not a fan

Then you have a “controller” with dribling skills in Frenkie, a box-to-box with fantastic passing in Ndombele and a goalsocer in Alena. It’s young, it’s has plenty of energy and all of these seems like winners. I’m willing to sacrifice a season for it to work but both Frenkie and Ndombele are both top 10 CM this season

Ndombele is not the best in the defensive aspect. He is a beast when he or his teammates get the ball back.
So i'm not sure he should be the one in the back.

mc_lovin

Am I the only one who thinks he looks kind of clumsy? Im very glad we got Frenkie instead. Dont think a potential Frenkie-Arthur-Ndombele midfield looks all that. Hes probably gone this summer anyway (and we wont have the funds for another midfielder). Has the big adventage of seeing how Frenkie wil play out (CM or DM) and then looking into a contemplating midfielder the year after.

Riordon

He is a top, top passer. In terms of long balls, through balls and defence-breaking passes he is way, way better than Arthur and even Frenkie. With the latest rumours about Griezmann not coming I would seriously splash some of that money on Ndombele.

I feel Ndombele-Frenkie has the potentiel to be a historic good duo. Ofc not as good as Iniesta-Xavi but should be able to reach great heights.

De Ligt, Ndombele and a forward.....Thats my summer.

FCBfan22

He is a top, top passer. In terms of long balls, through balls and defence-breaking passes he is way, way better than Arthur and even Frenkie. With the latest rumours about Griezmann not coming I would seriously splash some of that money on Ndombele.

I feel Ndombele-Frenkie has the potentiel to be a historic good duo. Ofc not as good as Iniesta-Xavi but should be able to reach great heights.

De Ligt, Ndombele and a forward.....Thats my summer.

And a left back. To provide some competition to mr. My Best Season Evah.

De Ligt, Ndombele, Lacazette, a left back and a new coach would be a great summer.

Home of Barca Fans