Spanish Supercup semis: Barca - Real 2-3

behindbrowneyes

Real Madrid will be a good test to see where the team actually is standing currently. Game is coming too early for players returning from longer injuries and I hope we won't risk Araujo for a Clasico in Riyadh. Don't care much about the result just because of the fact it is played in Saudi Arabia. This might change though once the game starts as it is still a Clasico. A plastic one, but a Clasico. If I had to choose I'd rather see Barca win in the La Liga game than tonight.

Kick-off time is perfectly for Europeans, but don't know yet if I'll watch it as my streaming service doesn't have the streaming rights for the competition.

Messi983

I don't care about Supercopa but I want to win.

1. even if in a friendly I always want to win El Clasico, especially now when we've not beaten them for almost 3 years.

2. Probably our only/best chance to win silverware this season. Yeah, would need to beat RM and then AM/Bilbao but on paper still easier to win two games than winning the league (surely won't happen), Copa (one bad day and you're out) or EL (can possibly happen but still too many good teams remaining to realistically expect that).

3. a win would be a huge mental boost for the team and it would show we're on the right way.

4. last but not least, 12m prize if we win Supercopa which would be much needed in our current situation.

Sport projecting Ferran will start. Not sure about this just coming off injury and covid.

216eba1a-9c0d-404e-9236-5c57a13a28fc_alta-libre-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

Andresito

Staff member
If we are to find something positive from this whole Saudi Arabia thing it is that the team goes away on sort of a training camp. It's good for the cohesion of the group to be isolated with just the squad, especially now that everyone are back fit.

The trophy itself is meh, but winning it could be a confidence booster. Same with Europa League.

JerseyAddict

This will show us where we are in terms of "Xavi's pozitive shock" and players reaction... I don't expect wonders. I just want to see players puttin up a "fight" and overcoming this " loosers mentality".

serghei

If we are to find something positive from this whole Saudi Arabia thing it is that the team goes away on sort of a training camp. It's good for the cohesion of the group to be isolated with just the squad, especially now that everyone are back fit.

The trophy itself is meh, but winning it could be a confidence booster. Same with Europa League.

Europa League is a legit trophy IMO. Nowhere near this supercup.

FinBarcelonafan

Europa League is a legit trophy IMO. Nowhere near this supercup.

After years of failure in Europe I would celebrate EL like CL win.

I think it would be great for the young team to build up on..

We saw Ajax go from EL final to CL semis next season. Never underrate momentum.

soul24rage

After years of failure in Europe I would celebrate EL like CL win.

I think it would be great for the young team to build up on..

We saw Ajax go from EL final to CL semis next season. Never underrate momentum.

Also, would be great for Xavi as it'll get rid a bit of the thorn that he has never won a trophy in Europe (even if the EL is not that prestigious).

CatalinR10

Seeing this lineup , I have no ideea how we'll manage to not be run over.

Dinosaur Busquets , Dumbele , youngsters without experience , Ferran who just came at the team and is after covid , Mats , old Alves vs RM midfield Modric - Casemiro - Kross + Benzema and Vinicius + world class Curtois.

If the team puts on a fight , gives a lot of efort and somehow manage to not lose more than 2 goals , I'll still be ok'ish with the result.

Hopefully we pull a surprise.

Porque

Nice try. Nope. Asensio is twice the player. He's actually got back in form this season, been great when I watched Madrid.

Its ok, you can atone for your judgement at 10pm CET and realise that Jutgla is the real deal.

PS: Hope Abde starte ahead of Jutgla.

Home of Barca Fans