Spanish Supercopa Semi-finals: Barca - Osasuna 2-0

JamDav1982

Dont think Faye is better at everything. Cubarsi reading of game and positioning looks better at times and some of Fayes best moments are him chasing back for last ditch tackles.

JamDav1982

Faye is better than Cubarsi at every facet of defending, but Pau is more comfortable and quicker in possession circulation. It would be like 4/5 years ago deciding to take Chumi from the B team ahead of Araujo because he was better on the ball.

I get the angle of wanting to tie up Cubarsi before the Peps come. But if we have to put him in selections unearned to do it then maybe we shouldn't be keeping him.

So yes, Faye has to adapt but no more than Cubarsi does to a higher level of football as he has been the worse of the two at the B.

So that's a lazy excuse for Xavi's favouritism. Though time may prove him to be correct, just as Koeman chose Gavi over Puig and Ilaix over Simons...

There is no 'lazy excuse' for Xavis favouritism and you are over rating a bit what Faye is showing so far and he is still very raw.

Xavi Simons moved to PSG a year before Koeman arrived.

Porque

I'm judging from how both have played in the B, including Faye and the B teams recent dip.

Mistake on the Simons timeline. Confused myself on the timelines and how we were fast tracking Ilaix ahead of Simons in the youth categories and didn't really rate the latter compared.

JamDav1982

I'm judging from how both have played in the B, including Faye and the B teams recent dip.

Mistake on the Simons timeline. Confused myself on the timelines and how we were fast tracking Ilaix ahead of Simons in the youth categories and didn't really rate the latter compared.

Rating players at 15 before even became professionals is not really comparable though...Faye is playing for B team while Cubarsi has been on bench for first team. Not sure who it is being argued is getiing more chances.

Faye hasnt been as far ahead of Cubarsi as made out and certainly not in every aspect defensively either.

jamrock

Someone will learn how to he a decent passer, faster than they can learn to he a good defender at the level required.

The passing thing I get and I know this is the type of defender barcelona likes.

But Faye to me is more ready than cubarsi, very much so in fact.

And I think he's left footed if I'm not mistaken.

JamDav1982

He wouldnt be taking on Faye unless goals ahead either.

If anything Faye is in the better spot to develop quicker for first team by playing in B side and trying to refine game than being on bench for first team.

The reality is there will be clubs promising Cubarsi first team squad place now or next summer and that is something Barca are competing with.

A huge part of Barcas future plans is keeping the top young players from La Masia and all plays a part.

FC B

I'm tired of Barca's shit play and imo there is no chance they would beat Madrid in the final. So I root for Osasuna on this one, also tired of Madrid winning over a shit Barca.

Wizzbar

New signing

Les Misérables... I'm not brave enough to watch that horror called "Final game of Supercopa de España" if somehow we manage to show our pity asses there...I swear it's better to go home right after Osasuna game, let's Real fck them instead of us, we're already fckd anyway. It's just less painful option at the moment that's the only truth. Whoever says different, is notorious liar or empty headed eternal optimist...​

JamDav1982

Beat Osasuna in tight match then Xavi will cry about Barca having one less day before the final.

Excuses will be in early.

Andresito

Staff member
Predicted lineup as per Mundo Deportivo. No surprises really as Felix has been close to the bench a while now.
Pedri hasn't received medical green light AFAIK but maybe he will during the day.

GDiuFvIbIAAnvXo

Home of Barca Fans