Spanish Supercopa Semi-finals: Barca - Osasuna 2-0

JohnN

not sure about this one.
Judging by last game, 4th-3rd division is our current level. we will need a miracle to win over a la liga side.

Andresito

Staff member
Everyone except ter Stegen on board for Saudi.
GDZISzcWEAAyFSW

jamrock

I know he likes cubarsi but sometimes you have to be realistic, faye is way better than him now and much more ready to play at the highest level, if we get a injury and have to throw cubarsi in we are fucked.

JamDav1982

Cubarsi looks better positionally and on ball than Faye currently and Faye the better athlete.

Faye needs time to adapt through B team and also Cubarsi has teams that would pay his clause in an instant if he gave the word. Barca are trying to show him how much he is valued.

Faye hasnt been great recently either and will be up and down in this season while adapting.

Need MATS back asap. Been a huge miss and defence looks even shakier without him there.

jamrock

I get why he's taking cubarsi, but from a ready to be thrown in prospective, he isn't physically ready and with us starting all 3 of our CBs, we need someone who can actually contribute now, in case of injury.

Cubarsi has about 2 more years before he body matches his talent.

But maybe he's that special.

Windhook

Seems to me Xavi takes the kids to taste the atmosphere of finals. Not to involve them in any serious playing time. If we lead 4-0 Osasuna, yeah, why not? But such a score would be extraordinary given our current results haha.

JamDav1982

Long way to go for Cubarsi but they probably need to rush him a bit to keep him.

Not sure have seen a better CB at that age all round. Its tough to tell overall until see him v better opposition but I think Xavi is itching to give him his debut but never winning by enough to do it.

There are four CBs and FDJ who could go back in emergency.. should not get point have to rely on another bar some catastrophe.

Porque

Faye is better than Cubarsi at every facet of defending, but Pau is more comfortable and quicker in possession circulation. It would be like 4/5 years ago deciding to take Chumi from the B team ahead of Araujo because he was better on the ball.

I get the angle of wanting to tie up Cubarsi before the Peps come. But if we have to put him in selections unearned to do it then maybe we shouldn't be keeping him.

So yes, Faye has to adapt but no more than Cubarsi does to a higher level of football as he has been the worse of the two at the B.

So that's a lazy excuse for Xavi's favouritism. Though time may prove him to be correct, just as Koeman chose Gavi over Puig and Ilaix over Simons...

Andresito

Staff member
Could just bring both. It's clear Xavi doesn't trust Cubarsi unless we're up by 4 goals which we never are. Better bring Faye too so that in the case of emergency we can actually have some use of our subs.

Home of Barca Fans