Spanish Supercopa Final: Real Madrid - Barca 4-1

Vladinho

When was the last time we had a transfer to hit the ground running like Bellingham did for Rm? Can't remember one since David Villa and that was back in freaking 2010...you can keep buying your Ferrans, Raphinas and Roques with zero actual benefits. Until you have the money and a proper sporting department we will be way off any success. You say Araujo should leave? Yes, do it, but only if you buy a Ruben Dias kind of defender.

BJJ

If Xavi is sacked you can guarantee Laporta will hire Marquez. No imagination or plan at this club. Just make it up as you go along. Amateurs.

Birdy

Cruyff spoke about the idiocy of running excessively in an 11 man game.
Making the ball do the yards within the confines of a team which is moving in tandem up the field.

How we play football now? We constantly keep the possession for no reason, no means of an end.
Once it arrives into the opposition box, we look absolutely clueless other than look for a wide player and begin praying.

If Cruyff believed it was idiocy to excessively run around like headless chickens, we are playing the ''running'' equiavlent of football now.
Aimless, boring, predictable, unorganised, unimaginative, slow and TORTURE as a supporter.

The writing has been on the wall for years that this ''Barca DNA'' is dead and fucking buried.
The games moved on but our stupid owners/staff haven't.

I called for Xavi out last year and nothings changed.
I pray he's fired by tomorrow.

The 'running like headless chickens' can be seen more than even in Xavi's instructions in pressing.
I have never seen a more pointless, less target-oriented pressing, in top flight football than this pressing Barca applies the last 2 years

Kul_z

Damn, what an utter shitshow.
Tbh game was lost in first 10 minutes, which only is a xavi failure there is no more coincidences. But after that every single player performed under the expectations. Balde, kounde and fdj the worst players on the field.

Masetro10

Paulino lol
When was the last time we had a transfer to hit the ground running like Bellingham did for Rm? Can't remember one since David Villa and that was back in freaking 2010...you can keep buying your Ferrans, Raphinas and Roques with zero actual benefits. Until you have the money and a proper sporting department we will be way off any success. You say Araujo should leave? Yes, do it, but only if you buy a Ruben Dias kind of defender.

behindbrowneyes

Hard to stand a chance when you start -2 thanks to a high line.

Madrid overall clearly the better team. You could see whenever they decided to put pressure on Barca, they got dangerous. At will. That's a quality in itself, although Barca was making it easy af. Atletico did way better.

BerkeleyBernie

Joao Felix is known for a lot of things, but no manager or team mates of his throughout all the clubs he's been at it, will tell you he's someone who brings intensity to a match.
And yet, he's the only Barca player in the whole game able to move to penetrate the box and control and get a shot on goal inside the area. "Intensity" isn't mindlessly running around the field at pace. It's the ability to shift up several gears in movement and sharpness to create holes in the defense.

Masetro10

Not talking about one season wonders like De Jong, as in freaking "I will score a header for you in every stoppage time and you can't do anything to stop me". I am talking about transfers that define your team and core for years
We don't do that here. It's more because we have no structure. All desperation

Masetro10

I honestly think Barca isn't even better than Atletico Madrid. Maybe not better than Bilbao. We could be in for some more pain.

JohnN

a typical barca performance, just against a good team and not second division farmers.
pray we don't get past napoli or the 8-2 is in danger.
If xavi doesn't leave we may actually not qualify for cl.
it is getting serious now, boot him ASAP.

Vladinho

I am all for Xavi out, but who do you actually bring in? What top manager comes in this team, makes a valid assessment with a professional team of sporting people, goes to the people in charge and say "we need this player and this and this" only for the response to be "sorry, no ffp, low budget or free agents with low wages"? Any top manager would have to be willing to sacrifice his reputation to come near this Barca environment atm... don't see anyone doing that

Home of Barca Fans