Spain

Superstar85

Like i said, the 2nd half was going to be more interesting after the subs were made. It was a whole new game in the 2nd half, they played much more faster and their passing game came back.
Cesc as a false 9 was so much better than Torres while Iniesta, Silva & Busquets were bossing the midfield with Cesc dropping a lot too.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Hey Don, I've just discovered the Lamela thread. :tata1:

7982S4s.jpg

Alarcón

So, what we learned from the game:

-Spain is better with a false 9 than with a real one like every team with a half decent playing style and players
-Torres is shit and shouldn't go to the WC
-Pedro and Cesc are better with Spain than with Barça as per usual. In fact every Barça player is better with Spain
-Busquets is the absolute boss and Del Bosque should play Xabi, Busi and Iniesta in midfield and drop Xavi
-Azpilicueta is a great player but his offensive play is not good enough for Spain. I'm not sure whether he'll go to Brazil

Spain are still the team to beat if they play it right. The arrival of the Madrid players will make them a lot stronger and people who write them off after the Confed Cup are in for a surprise in a few weeks.

Superstar85

Azpili is very good on both ends IMO and i think he's Vdb choice for the starting spot at RB.
A midfield of Xabi, Busquets & Iniesta might be too slow though IMO, but yeah i think Xavi should be dropped.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I heard Navas, Iturraspe and Moreno are all but out of the squad for WC. Can someone post the updated squad?

I think Negredo is almost out of the squad and does deulo have a chance now that navas is out???

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Based on last night alone, improbable for Deulofeu to make the final squad but the reality is that Del Bosque has major scoring concerns with Costa a question mark...Apart from the dubious penalty & Iniesta's golazo, Spain looked impotent

Iniesta, my oh my he is the most important & influential player for La Roja...combined with Silva they really create some lovely exchanges out there...Seems a shame they aren't on the same team more regularly

ccesc

Read that VdB said that Moreno, Iturraspe and Deulo will not make it to the final squad. The other 16 of yesterdays game will be in (even Torres).
Only decisions will be Carvacal vs. Juanfran and maybe Mata vs. Jesus Navas.
However, VdB will announce the WC squad today at 13:00 spain time.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
So many cringeworthy Torres moments, complete with Del Bosque looking concerned on the bench...This was probably the worst

EminentFluffyHarrier.gif

Home of Barca Fans