Should Real Madrid dismiss Pellegrini ?

Should Real Madrid sack Pellegrini ?

• Total voters

Beast

The Observer
Well there is nothing better than taking the opinions of non-fans , i ask you to try to push your bias aside and say what you think .

if the answer is yes please advise who do you think should take over (logically and available as no hired managers will switch jobs in mid season )

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Although he hasn't excelled so far I still think it's too early to sack him, a knee jerk reaction isn't what's needed from the new (or returning) regime at the Bernabeu and Manu should get until Christmas to prove his worth.

gvt2000

I've already given my reasons in the RM thread: He should be sacked soon because Madrid still have options in both major trophies. Sacking him now would give time for the new manager to re-shape the squad before the CL knockout stage.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Bringing in a new manager mid-season very rarely works out at the top level, there are notable exceptions such as Scolari for Hiddink but employing somebody who will almost certainly lack experience at the top level (unless they get Guus Hiddink in) to work with a squad somebody else has built and trained is a massive gamble. I think if Madrid sack Pellegrini now then his replacement won't last until the end of the season either because it will ensure abolute chaos at the Bernabéu.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
No. What is the point? The problem is just as much the players as it is the system. Who would you bring in? You would just end up firing another one anyway.

Beast

The Observer
Bringing in a new manager mid-season very rarely works out at the top level, there are notable exceptions such as Scolari for Hiddink but employing somebody who will almost certainly lack experience at the top level (unless they get Guus Hiddink in) to work with a squad somebody else has built and trained is a massive gamble. I think if Madrid sack Pellegrini now then his replacement won't last until the end of the season either because it will ensure abolute chaos at the Bernabéu.

Based on your point of view in the matter the viable option would be Valdano ? considering he is involved from day one and know what goes on behind the scene .

However we had success in that matter (mid season changes ) with Ramos (well at least he kept pace with Barca despite European failure ) and the other magic box technician .
of course there is other examples of failure like Garcia Ramon and Lopez Caro both were caretakers

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
A definite no for the reasons stated above. You cannot fire coaches after staying at the helm for less than half a year and expect instant success. Manu should be given time to work with the squad and really pick out the problems causing them (not that I would wish for this as a Barça fan but Beast did request an unbiased opinion). Besides, as Incognito pointed out, who would Madrid have, should they sack Manu?

Edit: Well, you could always take back Juande as he was sacked by CSKA Moscow (no pun intended)

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
A pun is a play on words Plip. For instance you could write "when Melinda the call girl got the sack she really felt like she'd been screwed (no pun intended)". What you wrote involved no play on words so the reference to a pun made no sense.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Sorry mate, I know that I sound like a pedant but......I think you misunderstand the meaning of a pun:

A pun, or paronomasia, is a form of word play that deliberately exploits ambiguity between similar-sounding words for humorous or rhetorical effect. Such ambiguity may arise from the intentional misuse of homophonical, homographical, homonymic, polysemic, metonymic, or metaphorical language.

I am not trying to show you up, just trying to help as English (yours is excellent by the way) is not your mother tongue.

I hate myself for even pulling you up for it.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
CA: Oh yeah, true that. My mistake. I guess this is what you could when you don't pay attention.

Sunny: I have to admit that the term pun has always been a sort of an enigma to me. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Home of Barca Fans