Seydou Keita

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The Keita thread might be the best place to understand who the real Barca fans are.

It is a fact that he's not uber-talented like Messi, Iniesta or even, yes, Cesc. But his contribution is still incredibly valuable on (and off) the pitch)

Keita is humble, hardworking, reliable and always gives his 200% for the team. He basically epitomizes what our club is all about, our values.

IMHO, those who don't like/hate Keita are either supporting the wrong club or are just in it for the glory. It might be a generalization, but I don't think I'm far from the truth. I doubt that those who slag Keita understand the values of the club.

Well I would think most of us assume a certain poster belongs to the latter category, considering they only love the most high profile players and openly hate all competition that isn't the champion's league, but beyond that it's also an obsession for flashy dribblers over hard working players.

Despite the fact that every good team in history had their fair share of workers and thugs to compliment the technical guys. It's nice when you have both in one, we have Busquets now and prior to this the dream team had a Basque core of physical players not to mention Nadal.

And it's not just that Keita is some plug who runs around a lot like they love in England, he's actually a crafty player who knows his limitations and is technically sound, even if he's no Xavi or even Cesc.

ledzep

why do you people even bother responding to him. its pointless he only hears what he wants to hear, no matter how well you support your points.

dalitis8

Banned
Good fans love a Segunda B player like Keita, and bad fans like world class players.

I am definitely a bad fan by that token.

If you people are happy with Keita, then feel free to do so. I for my part consider him perfectly inadequate.

It's not like either you or me can change much at Barca.

F

Flavia

7 recovered balls!!! WOW!!!

Lots of backpasses to boot!!!

He lost almost all of his duels, and did not thing going forward. Did not provide any outlet for Xavi whatsoever, and you are telling me that he played well.

Alright.
You are hopeless, you know? You're doing the same thing you get annoyed when people do on cesc's thread. And you honestly think you're the owner of all truth regarding Barça, with your galatico mentality.

And yes, its a wow. Puyol recovered 1 ball. Masch 5. Xavi also 5. Busquets recovered 7 as well... Only Pique recovered more balls, with 11. You are grasping for straws, he did play well.

joffess

Good fans love a Segunda B player like Keita, and bad fans like world class players.

If you people are happy with Keita, then feel free to do so. I for my part consider him perfectly inadequate.

Ignorance overload.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

At least he's not a Serie A player, eh? I mean an Italian side hasn't won the CL in 2 years, and that's all that matters!

Am I doing it right?

Manuel Traquete

Way to miss the point.

I believe everyone in this thread knows that Keita isn't a world class player. I'm yet to see anyone claim otherwise.

We just don't care about it. Just because a player isn't world class it doesn't mean he should be hated or that he can't contribute to the team.

No team can survive with only world class players, everyone with a basic knowledge of the sport knows this.

Well I would think most of us assume a certain poster belongs to the latter category, considering they only love the most high profile players and openly hate all competition that isn't the champion's league, but beyond that it's also an obsession for flashy dribblers over hard working players.

Despite the fact that every good team in history had their fair share of workers and thugs to compliment the technical guys. It's nice when you have both in one, we have Busquets now and prior to this the dream team had a Basque core of physical players not to mention Nadal.

And it's not just that Keita is some plug who runs around a lot like they love in England, he's actually a crafty player who knows his limitations and is technically sound, even if he's no Xavi or even Cesc.

Agree completely. It's great that Keita is with us, I hope he retires here. Great utility player, great guy and great example to all up and comers.

Last edited:

ledzep

a guy pretending to be a cule, when he is a blanco at core :lol:

"worldclass" players arent willing to sit on a bench. there are gonna be constant turmoil inside the team. look at city.
a team can not consist of only worldclass players, except for madrid.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
And yes, its a wow. Puyol recovered 1 ball. Masch 5. Xavi also 5. Busquets recovered 7 as well... Only Pique recovered more balls, with 11. You are grasping for straws, he did play well.
That's good number of balls recovered from Keiteee there

dalitis8

Banned
Btw, Marca's statistics are rather different than those you are posting here and look even worse for Keita.

He was not fouled once, and recovered just 5 balls.

Committed 2 out of a total of 8 Barca fouls, and was the only player to be booked.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Way to miss the point.

I believe everyone in this thread knows that Keita isn't a world class player. I'm yet to see anyone claim otherwise.

We just don't care about it. Just because a player isn't world class it doesn't mean he should be hated or that he can't contribute to the team.

No team can survive with only world class players, everyone with a basic knowledge of the sport knows this.

Keita isn't "world class" by any standards and yes he's technically less skilled than any of the masia trained midfielders, but let's not pretend he's some plug either. His epic performance for Mali shows just how good he can be.

For a pass-happy team like Barca he might not be able to keep up when it comes to pure skill but he's been a valuable part of Pep's dynasty.

tutti_frutti

Barca without cesc = La Liga Winners, CL winners, Supercopa winners.

Barca with cesc = struggling against milan, 2nd in league with huge gap point.

Is it just me, or is cesc ruining the team??? Last time I checked a world class player doesn't fuck up the team and midfield.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Btw, Marca's statistics are rather different than those you are posting here and look even worse for Keita.

He was not fouled once, and recovered just 5 balls.
I trust more a fcb official app, than marca.

Home of Barca Fans