Sergi Samper

xXKonan

Anyone notice the lack of rumors with Samper? we still need to clear some guys out but with Samper I haven't seen any rumors of him leaving on loan so far.

Maybe Valverde sees him as an option this season.

BBZ8800

Anyone notice the lack of rumors with Samper? we still need to clear some guys out but with Samper I haven't seen any rumors of him leaving on loan so far.

Maybe Valverde sees him as an option this season.

El Mundo Deportivo writes today that Barca is trying to get rid of: Arda, Douglas, Vermaelen, Munir and Samper.
In that order.
We are trying to sell Arda, Douglas, Vermaelen and Munir (15M), but other clubs aren't too interested in them. Or they would pay way less than we are asking for.
About Samper, Google translate gave me a bad translation, so guys from Spain will understand better what it said:

En el caso de Sergi Samper, centrocampista catalán con contrato hasta 2019, el Barça prefiere otra cesión (ya jugó así en el Granada la pasada temporada), aunque por sus características (mediocentro) podría ser el único con opción a quedarse en la plantilla.

And I have found this from late July:

Barcelona have started to put together their website for 2017/2018 and the squad page has been updated, although there is still no sign of the shirt for the new season.

The face and name of Ernesto Valverde is already up and the members of the backroom staff have already been updated: Jon Aspiazu as assistant manager, Joan Barbarà as a coach, José Ramon de la Fuente continues as the goalkeeper coach and the three physical trainers also appear: José Antonio Pozanco, Edu Pons and Antonio Gómez.

In the players section, the new signings Semedo, Deulofeu and Marlon Santos already appear, photoshopped into last season’s shirt.

On the other hand, there is no sign of the players who have returned from loan spells and are on the US tour: Vermaelen, Munir, Samper and Douglas. It seems to be a clear sign of the club’s intentions.

[tw]887960919627751424[/tw]

Last edited:

Messi983

It says that Barça prefers another loan but based on his characteristic he could be the only one (of the mentioned players) with options to stay. So basically nothing new.

I like him and think he deserves a chance with to stay. He could play in Copa and easier home league matches.

Depends on which midfielder(s) we'll buy (if anyone) and what plans Valverde has for Gomes (he didn't play enough in preseason to find that out) I think Samper is our best backup for Busquets. I know we have other players who could cover for him when he's unavailable but I prefer Roberto and Rakitić in their RCM position and Masche shouldn't be considered as DM anymore.

Last edited:

vlad

If valverde does not pick him in the squad, then clearly guy is not promising as we would like, i believe pep would also pick him if samper is next busquets

Androutsos

I think he has obvious talents, but maybe the coaches view his weaknesses as overbearing and therefor he keeps being overlooked?

Home of Barca Fans