Sergi Samper

God Serena

One game against Juve backups who didn't even intend to play and he's already show more than Gomes. :lol:

When he plays well for the B team it's "Oh, he doesn't play against real opponents."
When he plays poorly for the B team it's "Oh, he can't even play well for the B team."
When he plays well for Lucho when called up it's "Oh, his opponents were just really bad."
When he plays poorly for Lucho when called up it's "See? He'll never be good enough."
When he plays well while out on loan it's "But why isn't he starting? Getafe aren't a good team."
When he plays poorly for Getafe it's "If he can't play well for Getafe he can't play well for us."
When he plays well for Velverde in preseason it's "Oh, it's just a friendly against backup players who don't care."
But if he played poorly it'd be "Never good enough. Just sell."

I really wonder what Samper has done to so many to make them have such a negative opinion of the kid. He had an amazing game as CDM and showed he could easily fit in as Busi's backup, and yes, "one good game against Juve backups who didn't even intend to play" is MUCH more than we've seen from Gomes, especially at CDM.

God Serena

I don't know if he is good enough or not but the thing I know is that this kid deserves ONE fucking chance! Just ONE! So give him one year and we'll see! Even Douglas had bigger chance than he did so far.

Douglas had more chances than Alena, Palencia, and Grimaldo. Combined.

I like to think of it as the Lucho effect.

God Serena

Very good cameo against Real Madrid. He's by far the best like for like backup for Busquets we have. He absolutely must stay with us for this season.

jamrock

You mean, like Busquets?

He was great against RM.

He makes busquests look like bolt though, although most of that is down to busquests excellent positioning, which will come with experience for samper, the rest is just down to him being slow as a turtle lol.

It's a indictment against what's been happing at the club over the past couple it years, that this isn't samper 2/3 year with the first team and his development well underway.

Samper, Thiago, Alena,we would basically have a new trinity.

Hope he stays & explodes over the next few seasons though.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He makes busquests look like bolt though, although most of that is down to busquests excellent positioning, which will come with experience for samper, the rest is just down to him being slow as a turtle lol.

It's a indictment against what's been happing at the club over the past couple it years, that this isn't samper 2/3 year with the first team and his development well underway.

Samper, Thiago, Alena,we would basically have a new trinity.

Hope he stays & explodes over the next few seasons though.

He does those small twists and turns where the opposition are completely lost standing on the wrong foot and he glides through them - looks easy. I like him, he should be our DM backup no doubt.

SwiftGuyver

................................ter Stegen..................................
................................................................................
Semedo...........Piqué...................Umtiti.................Alba
.................................................................................
.....................Samper.................Busquets....................
.................................................................................
Dembélé........................Messi...........................Mbappé
...................................Suárez....................................

Cillessen
Mascherano
Marlon
Digne
Sergi Roberto
Iniesta
Deulofeu
Paco Alcácer

El Barcelona

................................ter Stegen..................................
................................................................................
Semedo...........Piqué...................Umtiti.................Alba
.....................Samper.................Busquets....................
Dembélé........................Messi...........................Mbappé
...................................Suárez....................................

Cillessen
Mascherano
Marlon
Digne
Sergi Roberto
Iniesta
Deulofeu
Paco Alcácer
I like this, I would just swap Samper with Roberto. That's why I would go all in on both Dembélé and Mbappe, this could be a deathly formation under Valverde but both wingers need to track back a lot. But my biggest concern is where would Aleñá fit and of course the number of midfielders we have.

Home of Barca Fans