Samuel Umtiti

ajnotkeith

Don't think he is holding on to his Barca contract just for money (even though its a big factor) but also, he knows as well as we do that after this contract there is nothing left for him in football and he'll probably have to retire.

The regret and desperation would burn in me as well. Imagine being one of the best CBs in the world and because of one injury you never played again and lost your dream forever. You'd try and hang onto it too.

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=29831]ajnotkeith[/MENTION]
It's sort of assuming his dreams and wants. Maybe he's not bothered about playing for anything anymore. Rennes wouldn't exactly be a contender for anything other than maybe French cup.
He'll have it harder in this day and age to find a sucker that will pay him to occasionally turn up and run even in India or China because even a shit scout can google 'Umtiti Barcelona' and find all these stories about how broken his knees are, but if he's smart and up for it he can find himself a coaching gig. Remember Wilshere also couldn't find a single taker in the UK or abroad because of his physical state to the point he even did betting commercial to take the piss off his situation?

Andresito

Staff member
[MENTION=29831]ajnotkeith[/MENTION]
It's sort of assuming his dreams and wants. Maybe he's not bothered about playing for anything anymore. Rennes wouldn't exactly be a contender for anything other than maybe French cup.
He'll have it harder in this day and age to find a sucker that will pay him to occasionally turn up and run even in India or China because even a shit scout can google 'Umtiti Barcelona' and find all these stories about how broken his knees are, but if he's smart and up for it he can find himself a coaching gig. Remember Wilshere also couldn't find a single taker in the UK or abroad because of his physical state to the point he even did betting commercial to take the piss off his situation?

Damn, that cringey video got him a contract in the Danish league for 6 months, retired shortly after that.

Joan

That's just a dirty lie, mr Umtiti reported they discarded him before he could travel and fail the medical.

serghei

Dem clueless farmers probably put Big Sam on some outdated medical equipment. At Barca, we have state-of-the-art stuff that showed his physical parameters are even better than in 2018.

gregorrin10

There has to be some clause in the contract that allows the club to terminate a contract on objective grounds without paying him out if a player isn't physically capable to the point of even not being able to pass a medical exam!? I realize something like this is very very rare, but i'd assume it could go in the same bracket as if a player is convicted of a crime or something like that.

I understand when player is just too bad so the club chooses not to play him, but has to keep him on the books, but if he doesn't even meet the basic physical requirement to play football, then it becomes a totally different thing. If there isn't a rule like that, it really should be, the clubs should be more protected against special cases like this.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
There has to be some clause in the contract that allows the club to terminate a contract on objective grounds without paying him out if a player isn't physically capable to the point of even not being able to pass a medical exam!? I realize something like this is very very rare, but i'd assume it could go in the same bracket as if a player is convicted of a crime or something like that.

I understand when player is just too bad so the club chooses not to play him, but has to keep him on the books, but if he doesn't even meet the basic physical requirement to play football, then it becomes a totally different thing. If there isn't a rule like that, it really should be, the clubs should be more protected against special cases like this.

Disagree completely players should be more protected from the clubs honestly. He got injured playing football and that's a risk clubs take, what should happen is that clubs should take insurance policies on players regarding that issue.

He really shouldn't be getting the hate he does regarding his injury, even with his decision not to get surgery its not like getting surgery would ofguaranteed him recovering either; people sometimes forget players don't want to be injured bums.

Home of Barca Fans