Samuel Umtiti

gregorrin10

Surely there must be insurance in place that Barca pay when players can no longer physically do their job due to injury and can cash that in.

There was talk of Alemany inserting a no cost termination clause when he renegotatied Umtiti's contract, but that's for next summer. Hopefully it's active for this summer already though, cause I think the club will want to get him off the books now.

Porque

If he can't pass medicals then how can he be paid to be a pro footballer. Must be some clause to terminate for that shit.

That or find a team where Zubi is the SD.

Slevinn

My local team had someone like him, crippled and not being able to pass medicals if there were teams dumb enough to try and buy him.
The wait for that contract to end is painfully long :lol:
Guy from my local team fucked off to a sand team in the end but I don?t think Umtiti would ever want that.

jamrock

We have him until what 2026 unless we do a NBA style buy out and he goes to the MLS, Qatar or where ever else.

Even then he's unlikely to Settle for anything less than 75% of what he's owned.

Last edited:

feggydinho

We have him until what 2026 unless we do a NBA style buy out and him him go to the MLS, Qatar or where ever else.

Even then he's unlikely to Settle for anything less than 75% of what he's owned.

The only reason his contract extends till 2026 is cause he spread the payment of his contract that was supposed to end in 2023 and that really helped us with our salary restructuring, so same thing.

Last edited:

Messi983

The Barcelona board was already celebrating when they thought that Samuel Umtiti would join Rennes on loan, but the French club pulled out last minute. They do not trust the player's physical condition.— @sport

Interested clubs have asked Barcelona if they can get Samuel Umtiti on a trial before they offer to sign him permanently or on loan. The club have refused to do this.— @sport

I understand why the club doesn't want to let him go on trials. He can get injured there and then we would be stuck with him at least until January but OTOH this is probably the only way we can offload him. Also, if he actually passes trials and medicals somewhere and then refuse to sign with that club we could probably use that to rescind him without paying out the rest of his contract.

Andresito

Staff member
Beast. Clubs that don't want him are missing out.

RevisionsMediques-018.jpg

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
The Barcelona board was already celebrating when they thought that Samuel Umtiti would join Rennes on loan, but the French club pulled out last minute. They do not trust the player's physical condition.— @sport

Interested clubs have asked Barcelona if they can get Samuel Umtiti on a trial before they offer to sign him permanently or on loan. The club have refused to do this.— @sport

I understand why the club doesn't want to let him go on trials. He can get injured there and then we would be stuck with him at least until January but OTOH this is probably the only way we can offload him. Also, if he actually passes trials and medicals somewhere and then refuse to sign with that club we could probably use that to rescind him without paying out the rest of his contract.

That cant be used to rescind his contract lol

Home of Barca Fans