Samuel Umtiti

iniestaGOAT

That would in theory mean we could have 10 players unregistered but still on our payroll, while registering only those we want for Liga.
That, in turn, would mean we pay 100+ % of our revenue, while only accounting for 70 % with the Liga registrations.
It'd make the rules obsolete if we could go around it like that.

We are paying 100%+ anyway as depay etc will still be paid, just wont make the squad list. The salary cap is not protecting anybody except hurting our chances to win games.

Messi983

That would in theory mean we could have 10 players unregistered but still on our payroll, while registering only those we want for Liga.
That, in turn, would mean we pay 100+ % of our revenue, while only accounting for 70 % with the Liga registrations.
It'd make the rules obsolete if we could go around it like that.

Yeah, maybe I was unclear but that was my point why we can't just register players at free will. And in normal times club would have no motivation to keep players they can't/don't want to register (if they'd have players they'd want to keep around/couldn't offload they'd prefer to loan them).

It would be a bad move not just from a financial standpoint but for team chemistry as well having around players who would know they'll never play (unless they would be ok sitting a year out collecting pay check and wait for their contract to expire like it could happen with Ilaix - who I know is a totally different case to Umtiti. Don't know if club will have to register him for Barca B but either way he'd "only" take away a Barca B roster spot/shirt number because there are no salary cap limitiations in their division).

But as said in current situation in Umtiti's case club would be ok paying him full wages (which they have to do anyway if they wont' find a club to take him on loan) IF they could just take them out of salary limit by not register him which they clearly and sadly can't do. So the only way to get some wage relief is sending him on loan and still covering part of his wages (I'd guess around 40-60%). But whatever % we could save it would help. The same for Coutinho.

And of course another solution which was already speculated in the media is we could just pay him out the rest of his contract which would also get him off our payroll which could eventually happen if we won't be able to offload him before last week/days of August.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
We are paying 100%+ anyway as depay etc will still be paid, just wont make the squad list. The salary cap is not protecting anybody except hurting our chances to win games.

We are but we're indirectly getting punished for it by not being able to register new players and improve the squad. Could see Messi leaving as the ultimate punishment as well.

jairzinho

Umtiti thinks it is time to leave the club. The Frenchman is going through a difficult time emotionally after receiving whistles at the Joan Gamper game. [@gerardromero]

Sad it had to end like this but he has to go. Thanks and Good Luck!

Porque

Sounds like bollocks by Ojo. A few boo's from a few thousand and suddenly he is having emotional issues and wants to leave?

If only it was that easy. Umtiti is from the school of hanging on of Bartomeu.

If he somehow stepped on a landmine and blew off his leg, he would still think he is capable of playing at this level by rolling around the pitch. Hell, he would probably be quicker.

Xaviniesta

Umtiti thinks it is time to leave the club. The Frenchman is going through a difficult time emotionally after receiving whistles at the Joan Gamper game. [@gerardromero]

Sad it had to end like this but he has to go. Thanks and Good Luck!

lenglet was whistled just as loudly. so was roberto. cry me a river :lol:

sounds like the usual garbage from the washed up ojo merchant

serghei

He was always slightly overrated. Don't tell me his best season is the one Dzeko turned him like a pancake on Olimpico.

Home of Barca Fans