Ronaldo

Temptation

:lol: Billions of people around the world call Ronaldo R9

I only know of 2 people who use "RL9" for Lewandonkey unironically :lol:

More people around the world know the brand CR7 and Ronaldo than Messi despite the WC he got gifted by Qatar, his hyperactive PR and being the media's lil Forrest Gump. :lol: :lol:

JamDav1982

Except the default pen and favourable decisions every game. Nothing shady at all. :lol:

Nah fake news.

All pens and also had decisions go against them.

Portugal had 4 pens in last 7 intl tournament games... where it take them... scudded out in last 16 both times.

Levels.

L3v1s

Lewandowski has the much better career.

Numbers at every level don't lie.

Also Van Basten is just flat out better. Brazilian Football has the best image and marketing which people like Neymar benefitted from. Nostalgia is a dangerous drug. R9's style of play isn't sustainable and he found out the tough way.
I'm eager to know, what's your top 10 of all time? Is Lewandowski on that list? I presume Pele is number one.

ajnotkeith

Lewandowski has the much better career.

Numbers at every level don't lie.

Also Van Basten is just flat out better. Brazilian Football has the best image and marketing which people like Neymar benefitted from. Nostalgia is a dangerous drug. R9's style of play isn't sustainable and he found out the tough way.
Interesting wording... much better career.
Lewandowski has had a better career, but he wasn't the better player, you know that.

KingLeo10

Interesting wording... much better career.
Lewandowski has had a better career, but he wasn't the better player, you know that.
Lewa having had a better career is just not true.

R9 was the undisputed best player in the world, by a landslide at one point.

I could post videos from Desailly, Thuram, Nesta, Maldini, ZZ, Mourinho etc. who were all in awe of his pre-injury self. Even average LL defenders aren't scared of Lewa lol. And the likes of Ramos, Varane, Pepe, Pique etc weren't scared of him back in Barca and RM's heyday.

All Lewa has is better aggregate numbers. That's it.

Temptation

R9 was the undisputed best player in the world, by a landslide at one point.

So was RL9.

At one point, he had 121 goals and 29 assists in his last 99 games and had like 30 goals and 7 assists in his last 20 CL games. Those are literally peak Messi Ronaldo level numbers.

In that period, Mbappe/CR7 were statistically the closest and even they were behind by 40 odd goals in the previous 2 years or so combined.

It's just that he isn't from a glamorous nation and people don't wanna credit him. If he was from a 'sexy' nation like France, Brazil, Argentina people would be twerking for him.

The guy has like 80 goals and 40 assists for an embarassing National Team. The recency bias against him is crazy. Him being shite post WC doesn't change the career he has had. Especially since R9 was awful in his last few years.

JamDav1982

Would take Brazilian Ronaldos 'career' every time over Lewa.

No one compares them or thinks there is a debate who was the better player at their best.

Lewa wont ever be in discussion for the best CFs ever. Ronaldo will be and a lot of peoples first choice.

KingLeo10

'RL9' is a nobody in football pantheon compared to the respect R9 commanded :lol:

Show me one interview from a legendary defender or player absolutely gushing over him or crowning him the best. I'll take the word of football legends over some nobody on the internet and 'RL9''s padded stats versus minnows.

Temptation

Lewandowski is already considered one of the greatest CFs to ever play the game.

Unlike some people, his career, records and achievements do the talking instead of mates in the media.

Home of Barca Fans