Ronald Koeman

JamDav1982

Semedo haters :facepalm:...

OK, let's go once again:
We are talking about players you can buy at the moment..
So, Kimmich is out of your list(he doesn't play RB anymore by the way. He has become a CM recently)
Hakimi former RM and just sold, Arnold also (I mentioned both) not for sale.

Then, who is left?
Carvahal? LOL First of all plays for RM, and then we are not in 2016 anymore. Time pases for everyone. Zidane is just myopic in letting Hakimi go.
Cancelo? How many times have you seen him starting for City?I will let you connect the dots... Serie A is a slow league with different standards
Pavard? LOL Good defender. He needs like 4 times the time Semedo needs to run up and down the flank.
Emerson and Dest? Both too raw. Again, we are talking about players you would buy and would make an impact and be better than what you have. Both are gambles with high risk.
Roberto, we all know the answer. He is not an RB, and he will never become. Semedo was always better whenever he played.

So, the only one that is left in your list is Pereira. He is a good player, but still, it's questionable if he is better than Semedo. :ack of interests from top clubs about him is telling.

Roberto could well end up RB as Semedo is awful at everything bar pace.

There are ten RBs in EPL better than him and even they are not standard Barca need.

Any top club would take Pereira ahead of Semedo.

Fucking Bellerin is a better RB than Semedo....

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

There are ten RBs in EPL better than him and even they are not standard Barca need.

This is one of the posts that make me miss the like button. :cheers:

serghei

Lol, are people serious on hating Wijnaldum? Man is one of the best players in arguably the best team in the world. And he'd come for a good price. And his work ethic is pretty much beyond reproach.

Players like Wijnaldum are the only mature players we need to sign. We need to stay away form old stars, but 29 years old team players with a great engine and clutch performances at the highest level, please yes.

The improvement from Vidal / Rakitic to Pjanic / Wijnaldum is great.

Depay, Winaldum are great for us at the rumored prices. Nederlands are not any national team out there, they're one of the best in the world currently. Some great players in their ranks.

Last edited:

serghei

Well, I understand you guys hate Semedo, but Koeman sees him as one of the players who are non-transferable. Surely likes him. I don't discount Semedo playing very well with a non-geriatric midfield and a real wide player on his side.

Will be a defining season for Semedo. Make or break stuff.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Well, I understand you guys hate Semedo, but Koeman sees him as one of the players who are non-transferable. Surely likes him. I don't discount Semedo playing very well with a non-geriatric midfield and a real wide player on his side.

Dont hate Semedo just think he is a very limited player and it should not take four seasons to define him as a player at Barca.

A player in fourth season seen as 'make or break' is not good enough for level Barca should be aiming for.

serghei

Dont hate Semedo just think he is a very limited player and it should not take four seasons to define him as a player at Barca.

A player in fourth season seen as 'make or break' is not good enough for level Barca should be aiming for.

It should not take four seasons. But also, it's not normal to play 4-3-3 and Semedo to not have anyone in his side. Things happening at Barca are not normal for a few years.

I want to see Semedo - Dembele get a few games together if Ousmanne is fit, to work on that right side in tandem. Not too much to ask.

Also, the players Barca should aim for, and the ones they CAN aim for currently are unrelated.

Last edited:

serghei

I personally see 4-5 other positions that need fixing more than the fullback spots.

Centre forward, winger, attacking midfielder, central defender. At a glance.

Centre forward is the most pressing and will need a lot of funds to fill. We're talking 120m signing or thereabouts. Especially if we join the chase for Haaland.

JamDav1982

I personally see 4-5 other positions that need fixing more than the fullback spots.

Centre forward, winger, attacking midfielder, central defender. At a glance.

Centre forward is the most pressing and will need a lot of funds to fill. We're talking 120m signing or thereabouts. Especially if we join the chase for Haaland.

For me full backs and CB is as weak as it gets in squad and would rather risk Emerson than another Semedo season.

Be same as last year and year before where seen as position that is not so urgent as made out Semedo is better than is as one of few with pace and energy.

serghei

For me full backs and CB is as weak as it gets in squad and would rather risk Emerson than another Semedo season.

Be same as last year and year before where seen as position that is not so urgent as made out Semedo is better than is as one of few with pace and energy.

OK, I respect that. I think lack of pressing in midfield and especially attack is a bigger problem. But I understand your position here. Truth is we have many things to fix and it's a matter of prioritization at this point.

The only good thing is that when we fix a compartment, we will see how the other compartments benefit from that, and respond to the change or not. And we will get to have a sense which players aren't good enough, and which have been brought down by the chaos at the team.

khaled_a_d

Koeman having faith of him worries me about Koeman rather than giving me faith in Semedo :lol:

For me, at this point of time, Semedo isn't even the best RB in the squad. That is Roberto and for me the difference is clear. And both had to play without RW in front of them.
Sadly, this isn't me trying to hype Roberto.
I tried to give Semedo a chance several times, but guy is just an athlete rather than a footballer.
The Bayern game was the worst individual performance for Barca player.
Good offense exposes him big time, and his offensive limitations is clear.
The fact that we might sign him a 5 years extension is horrifying me. This can very well turn into Umtiti type of situation.
I hope Koeman proves me wrong and find a way to fix him, it will spare the team a lot of trouble, I just don't see it.

PS: I agree with your final take, at the end it is a matter of priorities.

SmilerBam

Lol, are people serious on hating Wijnaldum? Man is one of the best players in arguably the best team in the world. And he'd come for a good price. And his work ethic is pretty much beyond reproach.

Players like Wijnaldum are the only mature players we need to sign. We need to stay away form old stars, but 29 years old team players with a great engine and clutch performances at the highest level, please yes.

The improvement from Vidal / Rakitic to Pjanic / Wijnaldum is great.

Depay, Winaldum are great for us at the rumored prices. Nederlands are not any national team out there, they're one of the best in the world currently. Some great players in their ranks.

So you think Depay it's a player worthy of Barca(he isn't, not even for free),but you shit on Messi on every ocassion you have.How great is that?

serghei

So you think Depay it's a player worthy of Barca(he isn't, not even for free),but you shit on Messi on every ocassion you have.How great is that?

Depay is about 7 years younger, and is a hard worker and would listen to the manager 100%. As many have said, Messi is not 26 anymore, and we need to move on. I don't see why that is so hard to understand.

But, hey, don't believe me. Your idol also said Barca needs something new and that his cycle is over. Believe him.

Birdy

Bellerin recently fell in the pecking order at Arsenal behind Saka and Mathew Niles.
And you say he is better than Semedo?
LOL :lol:
Should not surprise me when people here have argued in seriousness that Oleguer was better than Semedo.

You guys remind me of Busquets haters back in the day (when he was playing every game for Barca and Spanish NT). There were still tons of people saying he was rubbish.
Of course, these were the people that simply could not understand his game.
If a player is played by every coach he has, then it's not that the coaches are wrong. It's rather you cannot see his qualities.

(Roberto is a guy that does not know how to play the position, because he always played in the center of the pitch. I don't blame him for that, but he was always an emergency solution that Ernie was too coward to discard when time was ripe.)

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Bellerin recently fell in the pecking order at Arsenal behind Saka and Mathew Niles.
And you say he is better than Semedo?
LOL :lol:

Roberto is a guy that does not know how to play the position, because he always played in the center of the pitch. I don't blame him for that, but he was always an emergency solution that Ernie was too coward to discard when time was ripe.

You guys remind me of Busquets haters back in the day (when he was playing every game for Barca and Spanish NT). There were still tons of people saying he was rubbish.
Of course, these were the people that simply could not understand his game.
If a player is played by every coach he has, then it's not that the coaches are wrong. It's rather you cannot see his qualities.

You dont have a clue what you are on about.

Maitland Niles is on transfer market and Saka played some games as LB but is a midfielder or wide player before a full back.

Awful, ignorant argument. As bad as your 'Setien has improved Barca' nonsense.

Bellerin is average and may get sold to raise funds for other players but better than Semedo who no top club will come in for.

Nah used to argue for Busquets until he was clearly past it. So that is irrelevant argument.

'Player played by every coach' is worse than your usual argument.... How does that fit with Roberto playing at RB more when available? Or likes of Suarez playing week in week out...

Last edited:

Birdy

You dont have a clue what you are on about.

Maitland Niles is on transfer market and Saka played some games as LB but is a midfielder or wide player before a full back.

Bellerin is average and may get sold to raise funds for other players but better than Semedo who no top club will come in for.

Nah used to argue for Busquets until he was clearly past it.

I know very well what I am talking about, and I am NOT talking about Arteta's current transfer policy.
The last 3 seasons at Arsenal, MAthew Niles was starting games when Bellerin was warming the bench. He used to be good many years ago, that time is gone.

Home of Barca Fans