Ronald Koeman

Barcilliant

This whole thing about not sacking Koeman cause we are broke is bullshit. We lose alot of money and prestige by not making cl 16 and not making top four.
Surely a club like Barca can find 12 million to pay Koeman? I mean we could pay him 3 million for the next four years. Laporta looks like he's throw in the towel already.

Rory

What can we do though? Conte won't want the job because he likes to have lots of money. Ten Hag isn't going to leave mid season. Martinez is a fractionally better choice but probably a sideways move. I think it's too early for Xavi who'll have to deal with senior players he won everything with. Who else is there that we can hire mid season?

Messi983

What can we do though? Conte won't want the job because he likes to have lots of money. Ten Hag isn't going to leave mid season. Martinez is a fractionally better choice but probably a sideways move. I think it's too early for Xavi who'll have to deal with senior players he won everything with. Who else is there that we can hire mid season?

Gallardo's contract with River expires in two months. Don't know if he'd work out but he's still intriguing to me.

Also, don't forget Laporta didn't sack Rijkaard when we were 12th almost at midseason in 2003, then signed Davids in January 2004 and we went on a winning streak finishing 2nd. It's true Frank was his guy while Koeman is not but maybe Laporta thinks if we can make a good signing or two in winter transfer window we can again improve drastically in second part of the season. Or at least improve enough to finish comfortable in top 4.

mc_lovin

I don't think we are at the point yet either to fear for missing out on top 4/CL knockouts. League is only 9 games in and we had a difficult start. Like last season I guess we will finish top 4 comfortably. CL depends on the next two match days unless Benfica pulls off an upset in Munich.

I am definitely a fan of sacking Koeman, but the alternatives get progressively better the longer we wait: Xavi (now)--> Gallardo (December)--> Ten Hag (next year). Unless the club is sure about Xavi I would rather wait. Panicking now and getting someone like Conte or Martinez would be a nightmare.

FinBarcelonafan

I agree Conte or Martinez would be huge mistakes. We need to look at long-term solution. Project.

Xavi-Ten Haag sounds good. Happy any of those two.

Sorin

Just get rid of this awful, awful manager. One of the most clueless managers around. At this rate we won't make the top 4, just bite the fucking bullet and fire this fraud.

His opponent, Iraola is 10 times the manager this fraud is and he is at the beginning of his career. The absolute state of this team under Koeman.

Daisymorr

No life in this team, almost an acceptance from the team of its limitations. Depay is the only one who looks to have a trick up his sleeve to create a chance

Messigician

Rayo manager Andoni Iraola has been constantly correcting his player?s positioning, and encouraging them after every play. Koeman has barely said a word in this match. He has his hands in his pocket, patiently watching what happens.

? @MovistarFutbol

Gaudi

Rayo manager Andoni Iraola has been constantly correcting his player?s positioning, and encouraging them after every play. Koeman has barely said a word in this match. He has his hands in his pocket, patiently watching what happens.

? @MovistarFutbol

He would do the same but he doesn't know how to position them or encourage them so he decided for next best thing: standing.

Home of Barca Fans