.......................ter stegen
Semedo...Garcia....lenglet.....alba
.............pjanic....de jong
Trincao.........................Dembele
.....Griezmann...Wijnaldum

El Gato

Villarato!
Why don't you see him play before you "lol". :lol:

This is not a diss on Trincao at all. Perhaps I misworded. But I just don't see Koeman will use him as a starter, especially since you have Semedo behind him on that side and god knows who at RCM. It'd be creating a highway on that entire side without someone like Ndombele to interrupt.
And I don't see you buying anyone. You'd sooner play Griez/Messi/Dembele over there.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This is not a diss on Trincao at all. Perhaps I misworded. But I just don't see Koeman will use him as a starter, especially since you have Semedo behind him on that side and god knows who at RCM. It'd be creating a highway on that entire side without someone like Ndombele to interrupt.
And I don't see you buying anyone. You'd sooner play Griez/Messi/Dembele over there.

Ultimately it won't matter who Koeman puts there since we will most likely look better from that side defensively compared to when Messi played there. Attacking wise , well thats completely a different story.

KingLeo10

Ultimately it won't matter who Koeman puts there since we will most likely look better from that side defensively compared to when Messi played there. Attacking wise , well thats completely a different story.

Will probably look marginally better attacking wise as well, as a unit.

If 2010-11 Messi was a 99/100 player on offense, 2014-2015 Messi was a 95/100 player and 2019-2020 Messi a 70-80/100 at best (still world class on offense but not someone you build your offense around).

Honestly, I've been getting tired of watching players pass the ball to him/him demand the ball near the middle of the pitch or 35-40 m away from the goal and expect something fruitful to come out of it.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Will probably look marginally better attacking wise as well, as a unit.

If 2010-11 Messi was a 99/100 player on offense, 2014-2015 Messi was a 95/100 player and 2019-2020 Messi a 70-80/100 at best (still world class on offense but not someone you build your offense around).

Honestly, I've been getting tired of watching players pass the ball to him/him demand the ball near the middle of the pitch or 35-40 m away from the goal and expect something fruitful to come out of it.

For me attacking wise it more a wait and see if Koeman does a good job and if they players he will have will perform and/or stay fit.

Fully agree with the rest. Wonder if he will play the same if he ends up at City.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Wonder if he will play the same if he ends up at City.

Almost certainly not. Pep would be an idiot to try and give him room deep at the cost of KdB and Bernardo seeing the effects of it here. He'd surely be a #9. Which is not his game, but he is 33. And he's no idiot sportswise.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Almost certainly not. Pep would be an idiot to try and give him room deep at the cost of KdB and Bernardo seeing the effects of it here. He'd surely be a #9. Which is not his game, but he is 33. And he's no idiot sportswise.

But what if Messi looks him dead in the eye , opens a can of Pepsi and says " I play where I want or Im sending a burofax to Man City management"

On a serious it might be happen but that chance is slim imo. He has been playing this way for 5 years now and Im not sure he has the workrate to play as a #9.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I think Guardiola might be the only manager in the world Messi might listen to/buy into.

Messi needs to be as far up the pitch as possible because in his current role, it's a waste of both his remaining offensive abilities and KDB's.

I think if Messi managed his minutes better, he's still one of the most lethal/efficient finishers in the world and can do serious damage if Sterling and Silva do their job on the wings and decongest the middle.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't know what kind of workrate you could expect a 33-year old to do, so I think if City are serious, Pep is factoring it in and has a plan.

FinBarcelonafan

For me the biggest problem is the connection between the midfield and the attack when off the ball. It's non-existent.

If the midfield is revamped, and Suarez and Messi are sold/let go, we'd look totally different. Teams won't get to our back-line that easily.

True. Our whole team should defend way better than before. Suarez and Messi did nothing. Defense will look better, goalkeeper should look better too. (Less dangerous chances).

behindbrowneyes

And Koeman knows it, that's why both are in their plans. Put players on their side who are actual wingers and do their part defensively, and we'll look much more balanced.

Not only that. It will be harder for opposing fullbacks to push forward like they used to in recent years. They had little to worry since our wings were abandoned.

I won't give up on Firpo either. Club was a mess when he joined and there was little support from coaches. I think he can be useful. The second year is crucial and I won't take his first season against him. He was pretty decent in that Betis-side.

Devils

Koeman wants fast, athletic players and we need a RW.

Ismaila Sarr is just waiting to be signed from relegated Watford.

ffffffssssss why can't this club just do anything reasonable dawg.

Home of Barca Fans