Ronald Koeman

Gaudi

He is losing credits fast, I mean I don't understand why we pay coaches to add nothing to the team? We play excatly the same minus Messi. We all see we need more dynamic, speed, structure yet we don't change at all. What's the point of having the coach (coaches before him as well) who need best 11 in the world to win? I can do that for 1000x less money.
Ok, Bayern is better team, no problem there, but to lose like some lower teir team at home gives you no confidence in the future at all. After all, on paper, I wouldn't rate them as 11 best players in the world but they play like a well structured team. Pavard, Sule, kid Mussiala, old Muller, Lewa, not so fast Goretzka - if they were all here we would curse every one of them.
Of course we don't have a team to destroy everyone else but all those coaches recently don't add nothing to our game, we are stuck in the same place for years. We can only hope, like oil clubs, to somehow get billion dollars and buy some top 5 players.

Total-Football

He is losing credits fast, I mean I don't understand why we pay coaches to add nothing to the team? We play excatly the same minus Messi. We all see we need more dynamic, speed, structure yet we don't change at all. What's the point of having the coach (coaches before him as well) who need best 11 in the world to win? I can do that for 1000x less money.
Ok, Bayern is better team, no problem there, but to lose like some lower teir team at home gives you no confidence in the future at all. After all, on paper, I wouldn't rate them as 11 best players in the world but they play like a well structured team. Pavard, Sule, kid Mussiala, old Muller, Lewa, not so fast Goretzka - if they were all here we would curse every one of them.
Of course we don't have a team to destroy everyone else but all those coaches recently don't add nothing to our game, we are stuck in the same place for years. We can only hope, like oil clubs, to somehow get billion dollars and buy some top 5 players.

Fax

BusiTheKing

After 5 years of being pummeled by big teams in the CL, our main problem remains the same: we're weaker, slower and have worse stamina than our opponent.

I don't think some of you understand how much of a disadvantage we're kicking off the game from. They weren't even that good. They were just constantly outnumbering us, in every area of the field. Their wingback receives a pass, and has three open teammates. Sergi Roberto receives a pass and has three white shirts cornering him.

In order for us to get a little pocket of air, we had to string 3 or 4 quick, clever passes together and we might have enough to rustle up an attack. They have that space as a default.

All this talk about tactics and technical level just seems besides the point when we're playing at such a disadvantage that even a 2011 Barca side at our current physical level would struggle.

Raketa10

He is done. I don't think he will last until Christmas. Unfortunately we all saw last season that he is not a Barca level manager. It's clear that our team is weak and unbalanced but we simply MUST qualify for the next year CL. Finishing out of TOP 4 in La Liga would be an epic disaster.

JohnN

Having no one but teenagers to sub doesn't help a manager though.
The team is in a dreadful state.
W could improve in offence, once Coutinho, fati, Dembmele and aguero are all available and fully fit but our midfield is dreadful. We need a dm replacement asap and Pedri is too green.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Mismanaged for a decade, that includes coaching

The one thing that is non-negotiable is our playing style and Koeman couldn't be further from being a Cruyffist as claimed.

Makes far more sense to use the January transfer kitty to fire him now and bring in Xavi or even Pimienta until Xavi's season is over and he can start in June. What is clear is that without Leo, there is no reason to tread water any longer and play this pragmatic BS in a 'restart' for the club

Gaudi

After 5 years of being pummeled by big teams in the CL, our main problem remains the same: we're weaker, slower and have worse stamina than our opponent.

I don't think some of you understand how much of a disadvantage we're kicking off the game from. They weren't even that good. They were just constantly outnumbering us, in every area of the field. Their wingback receives a pass, and has three open teammates. Sergi Roberto receives a pass and has three white shirts cornering him.

In order for us to get a little pocket of air, we had to string 3 or 4 quick, clever passes together and we might have enough to rustle up an attack. They have that space as a default.

All this talk about tactics and technical level just seems besides the point when we're playing at such a disadvantage that even a 2011 Barca side at our current physical level would struggle.

But we all see that except coaches. Even players occasionally mention how strange out training routines are.
But good coach plays his strength and hides weaknesses. For example L'pool uses guys like Handerson as they should be used.
We always analyse individuals: this one is old, this one is to young, slow etc. How old is Lewa? How fast is Muller, Goretzka? They put kid Davies last year he destroys us, they put kid Musiala in he destroys us?! How is that possible? Because all teams have system and we have some imaginary mold we try to force our players in.
We all thought Xavi is great but stopping our progress as he knows how to play in one way, then Messi and so on but we still try the same mold! Pedri runs like crazy in NT, Frenkie played in vertical and direct Ajax and that is midfield, soul of any team. Araujo is not slow, Dest is not La Massia possession oriented player, Depay, Dembele, Kun, even danish cookie, old De Jong...they all may lack certain things, of course, but they all played in different systems and we all force them in broken mold.
That is way we look like a team of talented veterans from 80's.

Raketa10

Having no one but teenagers to sub doesn't help a manager though.
The team is in a dreadful state.
W could improve in offence, once Coutinho, fati, Dembmele and aguero are all available and fully fit but our midfield is dreadful. We need a dm replacement asap and Pedri is too green.

No one is claiming that we have a superb team. We are all aware of our limitations but this man has no vision or tactical knowledge. He has no game plan and he is changing formations all of the time. We all saw last year that we can't play in 3-5-2 formation but he did it again yesterday. I am not even sure if that was 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 but we looked like Osasuna and not Barcelona.

This man insisted on Luuk De Jong and we all saw yesterday that he can't bring anything to this team. Signing a decent manager should be our top priority. It makes no sense to sign any more players before we have a coach with vision and long term plan on our bench.

JohnN

People thought (for some really weird reason) Messi was the reason we played slow and lethargic, while Messi is a player that can play faster than anyone and with pure intent on scoring.
The rest of the team has been just above average in 2017-2019 and below average on occasions in 2020-2021. Now we are even worse ofcourse, but once again, all the false claims have been demolished. Not that it will stop the usual suspects making baseless claims.

About the forwards' defensive role, we played with Griezmann, the pressing machine, upfront last season against PSG (and fast Dembele too who would provide that threat on the back) and got demolished yet again. Defense may start from the front but the only way isn't pressing like madmen for 90 minutes. Keeping possession and attacking is a better form of defense for our kind of style. We will never be a team that runs 120km per game and we shouldn't.
Also, all of our goals conceded in all our batterings are initiated from midfield while we are in a deep block of defense with only 1 man in the middle line. 9 Players should be enough to keep out an organized attack, but we are just useless at it, since 2017.

Total-Football

This begs a big question.. Why the team with the biggest revenue in the world keep signing dummy coaches.. Why not Tuchel or Klopp when they were available. Why always tito Tata titis. A mystery

MTL_Barca

Just let the kids play every game now until you get fired, won't change much about the results anyway.

But no, thanks to this guy we signed Luuuuuk de GOAT instead so he'll rather play him :lol:

Bobo32

After Pep left, Tito was a good choice, but tragically...
Tata, Lucho, Valverde were at best good handlers of a Messi-dependent team - with the right management from the board they could've been good choices
Quique was too weak unfortunately it seems.
Koeman is just bad all over, if only with a few positives sprung out of his strange psyche.

kistedu

Sentiment of the day rules posting here.
One thing, not protecting Kouman just being realistic.
With this team, you can have Pep as coach, Klopp as his assistent and you wouldn't get any better. It's just quality and experience question.

Home of Barca Fans