Ronald Koeman

Messigician

Looks on the verge of a meltdown...

Keep it together Koeman only a few games left to win the league and earn yourself another year.

serghei

Dest wasn't great, but Roberto was a disaster. We should stick with Dest, because he's the only one with a real future here. Roberto had his time.

malvolio

Dest was good this game though. Good rushes forward beat his man a few times laid off ball well to teammates. With Roberto close to nothing happens.

I beg to differ on this. Dest looks more menacing going forward but it usually stops with a sideway pass or the defender stopping him.

Roberto had a good cross which Griezmann didn't finish.

Not saying Roberto was or is better, but Dest is surely not the answer for us. Hardly produces and his reading of the game is poor

Horatio

You're welcome
I beg to differ on this. Dest looks more menacing going forward but it usually stops with a sideway pass or the defender stopping him.

Roberto had a good cross which Griezmann didn't finish.

Not saying Roberto was or is better, but Dest is surely not the answer for us. Hardly produces and his reading of the game is poor

Honestly, I think Roberto has a bad reading of the game as well. Looks like he is stuck in a past Barca season mentally-wise.
Too often he stops the attack when it is absolutely not necessary.

jairzinho

Looks on the verge of a meltdown...

Keep it together Koeman only a few games left to win the league and earn yourself another year.

Lol,

Only 1 league loss in the last 20 or so games, 2 points away from Athletico with a game in hand and Copa already in the bag. No worries.

:koeman:

Birdy

Dest wasn't great, but Roberto was a disaster. We should stick with Dest, because he's the only one with a real future here. Roberto had his time.

I hope everyone now sees why I am always mad when seeing Roberto on the pitch.
As I just read on twitter, it's maddening that this guy has played 300 times for Barca

Birdy

And since I have some credential of not being a biased Koeman hater, but on the contrary belonging to his pro camp, I am allowed to pass on some constructive criticism:

I didn't watch the 1st half due to a conflict, which I hear from most here was the best for Barca.
I don't like that much what I saw in the 2nd half:

1) I don't know if it was a tactical instruction to fall so back (it should not be with only 1 goal up), but Villareal had much time on the ball and they looked dangerous, even without creating cleat cut chances.
Even more dissatisfied after 10 vs 11. We should have killed the game then.

2) Some player selection is weird. Why does not Dembele start when we play teams like Villareal that try to press?
I get why Griezman might be more dangerous on the top vs deep parked buses.
But Dembele is the only pacy weapon that can kill high lines that try to press

3) Of course, I didn't like seeing Roberto there, as it means we play with 10 men, and are toothless regarding any attacking threat from the right

4) We looked tired, at least partly. More rotation Koeman please. Moriba should def start vs Granada, and Araujo at the back. I would also consider resting Alba

soul24rage

And since I have some credential of not being a biased Koeman hater, but on the contrary belonging to his pro camp, I am allowed to pass on some constructive criticism:

I didn't watch the 1st half due to a conflict, which I hear from most here was the best for Barca.
I don't like that much what I saw in the 2nd half:

1) I don't know if it was a tactical instruction to fall so back (it should not be with only 1 goal up), but Villareal had much time on the ball and they looked dangerous, even without creating cleat cut chances.
Even more dissatisfied after 10 vs 11. We should have killed the game then.

2) Some player selection is weird. Why does not Dembele start when we play teams like Villareal that try to press?
I get why Griezman might be more dangerous on the top vs deep parked buses.
But Dembele is the only pacy weapon that can kill high lines that try to press

3) Of course, I didn't like seeing Roberto there, as it means we play with 10 men, and are toothless regarding any attacking threat from the right

4) We looked tired, at least partly. More rotation Koeman please. Moriba should def start vs Granada, and Araujo at the back. I would also consider resting Alba

For #2, Dembele has a pubis discomfort and Koeman is probably trying to reduce the risk. He made the right call imo.

For Granada, the only change that I would make is play either Ilaix or Puig for Pedri

Agree with the rest.

Home of Barca Fans