Ronald Koeman

Klysmakabouter

I fully agree with you Andresito. His overreaction to Mingueza was totally awkward and harsh. I never saw a couch reacting like that. And Mingueza played absolutely incredible well most o the matches.
I do not like this couch at all. I believe that he he did not have a clause in his contract that Barca has to pay him penalty if he would be sacked, Laporte would have get rid of him. Barca is in very bad financial situation and this is the reaso he will continue another year till finish the contract. But again, I do not like his tactics at all.
Most of the time Barca exaggerate with a lot of passes backs. At some moment their play look boring. If Messi would not be here to break the rhythm, it would be so boring. They create impression that forget the meaning of the game: to score. Too many lateral do back passes. We have just one player to shoot, Messi and some times Dembele. We should play more on wings and cross back in the box for a coming player to score.
Again, almost no shoots outside the box. Not sure what this couch see from the side. We will be lucky enough to get la Liga with this coach but Real is in much better position to get it. The reason: they have couch but not better players comparing to Barca.
I really like Pedri for his passing game, but he forget that when you get in front of goal you have to score. Even with an empty goal he would look to pass to somebody else. I believe that Messi will not be angry at all if somebody else would score instead of him.

1. If the meaning is ?to score?, how come you think bad of Koemans attacking tactics when Barca has the most scored goals of La Liga?

2. Who would you suggest, besides Messi, to ?break the rhythm? and ?shoot outside of the box? in this squad? Is that really a tactical decision or a lack of squad depth?

3. Why would Laporte already have sacked Koeman if Barca is currently still in position for winning La Liga, in the final games of the season?

Last edited:

JohnN

The madrid game was a bad circumstance for me.
International break, extremely bad weather, unlucky finishes, defensive individual fuckups. Perfect Storm in a way, all teams have those.

Morten

The madrid game was a bad circumstance for me.
International break, extremely bad weather, unlucky finishes, defensive individual fuckups. Perfect Storm in a way, all teams have those.

We had some big chances, you had some too, especially towards the end.
Our team was dead tired towards the end, so we kinda got away with it, a draw would have been fair.

Windhook

I don't think he fucked up at all against Real Madrid. People do not want to acknowledge or forget the fact Real are playing this ultra experienced squad for the last 5 years. Some players come and some go, but the core is there. Meanwhile Koeman in his first season in charge, plays mostly with players who were yet to win their first trophy (Copa last weekend). First half was dominated by Real, second half was under Barca's control. The rain also a factor in this.

Horatio

You're welcome
Real has WC striker Benzema. Valverde is great. Midfield Kroos Modric Casemiro are class and have been playing together for how long?

Horatio

You're welcome
I don't think he fucked up at all against Real Madrid. People do not want to acknowledge or forget the fact Real are playing this ultra experienced squad for the last 5 years. Some players come and some go, but the core is there.

Dawg, exactly what I think. Finally someone else who brings this up. People been underestimating Madrid. Say what you want about their players on an individual level, they still had much more time together than players of Barca and thus a better understanding.

Windhook

Modric-Ramos-Varane-Carvajal-Nacho-Kroos-Benzema-Casemiro-Lucas Vasquez-Isco have been playing together since 2015 the least.

Messi-Pique-MATS-Busquets-Alba and I'm kinda reluctant to include Sergi Roberto in this group.

10 against 5 experienced players in these two clubs.

Home of Barca Fans