Ronald Koeman

Horatio

You're welcome
Something else:
9 away games last month (and a bit) including Copa and SuperCopa: 5 wins at regular time, 2 wins at ET, 1 win at pens, and only 1 loss at EH against Bilbao.

Not bad apart from the fact that the only loss came during a final.
I bet we would never have seen that streak of away wins under Ernie

Koeman hasn't lost 15 games in a row now in regular time. Having said that, we also had to turn some into a win in extra time.

JamDav1982

At this rate they may well have to take a big risk and rest the first team players in the league game before CL v PSG.

Cant keep up with this number of games.

serghei

At this rate they may well have to take a big risk and rest the first team players in the league game before CL v PSG.

No doubt. Especially considering that the first leg in the Copa semis will be on 10th. 6 days before the PSG game. Just plan rotations prioritizing the Cups.

So we play every 3-4 days up until PSG.

Birdy

We have been playing every 3-4 days since Dec.29th and it will go like that until March 14th, given the copa semis as well
Actually the first time we will have more time to rest is the week from March 14 to march 21

Altomonte

My takeaways today are as follows:
- our players can still run after 80 minutes. Theare more fit under Koeman
- Bar?a has rediscovered a fighting spirit I have not seen in a long time
- Messi did not score today but - for me - he was MOTM, he was working as hard as I've ever seen him, except when he single-handedly got Argentina to qualify for the world cup
- Griezmann has finally inserted himself into the team as a valuable contributor, a player who performs in the clutch. Nobody can dismiss him anymore as an overpaid, useless acquisition by a discredited President.
- the youngsters Pedri and Puig, and even the defenders Araujo and Dest, have shown the right attitude. Let's trust them and support them.
- Koeman and his staff are on the right track, there is reason again to believe in the future

soul24rage

Since Copa Semi 1st leg is next week, I would honestly rotate bout 5 players for the Betis game and full strength in the Copa Semis.

Also rest starters before PSG as you said.

Put all our eggs in Copa and CL.

i_bleed_blaugrana

If we win CdR, he has done enough to earn another season here.

This dude deserves some massive credit. I legit turned off the game after Dembele rang that shot from outside the box off the bar at the 89th minute thinking, welp I know how this ends.

Needless to say, I woke up to a massive surprise lol. I said this before and I will say it again, the performance for me was always improving back in Oct/Nov we just were not getting the results but the fitness levels, the improvement of the team collectively executing the system well, buying-into his tactics and doing the small things to win games was always there, he just had a hard time finding his strongest 11.

Now it is all starting to click together and I am slowly, SLOWLY having my belief in this group restored. We still have a long way to go but the turnaround we have seen mentally and collectively over the last two months is impressive. Especially considering the turmoil we have been in all year with the elections and Messi and being broke, Koeman alone just getting this team fighting and competitive again is quite the accomplishment and the improvements I am seeing are honestly more important to us long term than a La Liga or CL this season.

Big ups to Koeman!

Andresito

Staff member
Well colour me surprised. Never thought the "sub all defensive players for offensive ones" FIFA-esque tactic would work.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's not cut out to coach a top club much less Barca. I keep reading speculation that Xavi is not a consideration for June but there's no way this guy should continue - he has no idea what he is doing with tactics

The fact that the 4-4-2 was abandoned (After dropping so many pts) was more down to the players and his subs are chronically timed poorly. He also shows incredible naiveness when it comes to the opposition, whether that is solely on him or his staff is irrelevant

JamDav1982

He's not cut out to coach a top club much less Barca. I keep reading speculation that Xavi is not a consideration for June but there's no way this guy should continue - he has no idea what he is doing with tactics

The fact that the 4-4-2 was abandoned (After dropping so many pts) was more down to the players and his subs are chronically timed poorly. He also shows incredible naiveness when it comes to the opposition, whether that is solely on him or his staff is irrelevant

Absolute drivel as per usual.

Bar?a not played 442 this season and Koeman is doing a very good job with what is available to him.

Tactically improved team as unit and number of individuals massively.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Get out here!
What a clown you are. No, he isn't the greatest tactician but he commands respect, he has improved the team physically and mentally and he has had no help from the club. This is a massive achievement so far. I honestly thought we wouldn't get into cl this season. The quality of football has improved also. We look like a Barcelona team again. He has had the courage to play the youngsters unlike that clown Shitverde.
Keep it up Koemander!

Home of Barca Fans