Ronald Koeman

khaled_a_d

As a personal preference, hate how we look in the 4-2-3-1 though. Every game is chaotic. We have more energy and directness but it never looks controlled.

I highly doubt we can ever work with any game play that involves 3 defenders for example, especially with lack of depth in our defense. so 343 and 352 isn't options.
442 won't work without a 9.
4231 is a flexible game plan, it is inferior to 433 for example but flexibility makes it more workable during such transition times.
433 doesn't fit us, Messi has no position in it, Griezmann has no position in it, same Coutinho and FDJ, even Pedri and Fati benefits more of 4231.
This is a terrible squad, in terms of being an overall team that work as a unit. We will always sacrifice ton of things with such squad. That is why I still think we should roll with 4231 till next May

Barcilliant

This squad has too many players with similar skill sets.
Messi, Coutinho and Griezmann
Busquets and Pjanic
Lenglet and Pique
No proper goal scorer and no b2b midfielder.
Unless we get reinforcements in January we are looking at Europa League at best.

Barcilliant

Another thing which is sorely lacking is leadership and character on the pitch.
Amigos have shown no responsibility and have disrespcted the club. Amigos should have been phased out after Roma. Rakitic and Suarez should have been dumped back then.
Koeman is at fault for not playing Puig, not resting Messi and his subs.
Cl spot will be difficult, for sure.

Raketa10

He doesn't have luck on his side as well, I mean, many things needs to improve and so on, but we created more chances than in 5 games with EV for example and EV would have won all 5:lol:

I agree but the reason was Messi. Messi saved Valverde 10000000 times. At the moment he simply can't score. What's even worse is the fact that his work rate is much better this year than it was a season or two ago. I hope this will change soon.

Last edited:

malvolio

I agree but the reason was Messi. Messi saved Valverde 10000000 times. At the moment he simply can't score. What's even worse is the fact that his work rate is much better this year than it was a season or two ago. I hope this will change soon.

do we have some stats regarding this so called better work rate from messi? and if he works harder, what do we get from it? right now we are as shit as last year in defense. any team can have big chances against us. how is the whole forwards that press thing working for us?

i feel this discussion around messi's work rate was always something that his detractors used against him when he didn't score or do well. was he working that hard in the past?

raedkuwait

When was the last time that we had a coach that made subs, 3 of them at half time!?
He clearly not like what he sees and trying to change things, but it needs time.

Messigician

How many coaches had the 3 sub rule and never ever
Made a sub by half time, no coach what so ever
Would turn the shit we where in fast like magic.
I am just saying he needs time. And lets see what
Happen.

Koeman never made those subs back when he only had 3 subs.

It is much easier to make these changes when you have 5 not 3 subs at hand :)

Laplacian

Imagine simping for a coach with no pedigree at the highest level, it's almost as bad as watching Man Utd fans being loyal towards Ole. What's our points total again? Managers with shittier teams play better football and get better results.

Barcilliant

Anyone remember the Rijkaard era?
He had a horrible start too. Once he settled down and got the players he required results and sexy football followed. Rijkaard had less experience then Koeman.
Unless Koeman is given the tools and time we won't be able to judge him.
Who would we replace Koeman with?
Allegri and Pochettino are the only big names available and amigos would probably give them a rough time.
Personally I would go for Allegri. I think he's very underrated and look how shit Juve have become since he left.

ItachiXXX

Looking at some of the crusty old guard.

Messi-Finishing is dire as hell right now and is showing his age in other areas.

Alba-Mixed bag this season at the games he played and not injured, some moments he looks good others he looks dreadful.

Roberto- I would say he's mostly been solid while having some bad moments but not exactly nail him to the cross territory.

Pique- Due to how little depth we have at the back he's starting for the most part, and he's been a mixed bag like Alba. Had some good games while also having some dreadful moments that make you question if he should really be a starter still.

Busi- Arguably the worst of the lot. Had some good moments but otherwise, he's been mostly dreadful, especially in the role Koeman keeps trying to persist in using him for. His strengths have also decayed, to the point where he plays with his head in his own ass when trying to pass the ball. like he's still some sort of hotshot that believes in his own hype.

No one will bench Messi, and Alba and Pique are playing due to a lack of proper depth in their positions and they could still be useful if they can stop making stupid mistakes. Roberto is serviceable for the most part and hasn't really been bad. Busi on the other hand should be riding the bench for Pjanic.

You just cherry pick the old players how about the young players what they contribute. Specially the forum de amigos future Captain De Jong. :lol:

xXKonan

You just cherry pick the old players how about the young players what they contribute. Specially the forum de amigos future Captain De Jong. :lol:
I was strictly talking about the old vets only and how they are contributing this season.

Also, it's amusing you keep coming back here after getting banned twice on your old accounts and still bitching about the Forum De Amigos.

Laplacian

Anyone remember the Rijkaard era?
He had a horrible start too. Once he settled down and got the players he required results and sexy football followed. Rijkaard had less experience then Koeman.
Unless Koeman is given the tools and time we won't be able to judge him.
Who would we replace Koeman with?
Allegri and Pochettino are the only big names available and amigos would probably give them a rough time.
Personally I would go for Allegri. I think he's very underrated and look how shit Juve have become since he left.

Just like in Everton, if he's given a blank check and we get all the players he wants he'll succeed.

Home of Barca Fans