Ronald Koeman

El Gato

Villarato!
He doesn't have luck on his side as well, I mean, many things needs to improve and so on, but we created more chances than in 5 games with EV for example and EV would have won all 5:lol:

Would have also coddled the seniors instead of trying to move on.

xxxxxx

Still playing Roberto RB. Still plays Busquets even though he shouldn't be any more than a sub. Plays de Jong at CB. Takes Fati off for some unknown reason. Still giving a lot of time to Griezmann even though he's invisible for most of the game. Won't have the balls to rest or take off Messi when things aren't working.

He was just chilling with his feet up. Didn't show any emotion. Looked completely clueless.

delancey

I think we played entertaining football against Alaves. What an improvement over Valverdeball.

I would rather us play entertaining football and draw than ugly and defensive football and win.

Messigician

I think we played entertaining football against Alaves. What an improvement over Valverdeball.

I would rather us play entertaining football and draw than ugly and defensive football and win.

When they went to 10 men sure before then? nope 2 points out of 12?

SACK

xXKonan

Looking at some of the crusty old guard.

Messi-Finishing is dire as hell right now and is showing his age in other areas.

Alba-Mixed bag this season at the games he played and not injured, some moments he looks good others he looks dreadful.

Roberto- I would say he's mostly been solid while having some bad moments but not exactly nail him to the cross territory.

Pique- Due to how little depth we have at the back he's starting for the most part, and he's been a mixed bag like Alba. Had some good games while also having some dreadful moments that make you question if he should really be a starter still.

Busi- Arguably the worst of the lot. Had some good moments but otherwise, he's been mostly dreadful, especially in the role Koeman keeps trying to persist in using him for. His strengths have also decayed, to the point where he plays with his head in his own ass when trying to pass the ball. like he's still some sort of hotshot that believes in his own hype.

No one will bench Messi, and Alba and Pique are playing due to a lack of proper depth in their positions and they could still be useful if they can stop making stupid mistakes. Roberto is serviceable for the most part and hasn't really been bad. Busi on the other hand should be riding the bench for Pjanic.

serghei

Looking at some of the crusty old guard.

Messi-Finishing is dire as hell right now and is showing his age in other areas.

Alba-Mixed bag this season at the games he played and not injured, some moments he looks good others he looks dreadful.

Roberto- I would say he's mostly been solid while having some bad moments but not exactly nail him to the cross territory.

Pique- Due to how little depth we have at the back he's starting for the most part, and he's been a mixed bag like Alba. Had some good games while also having some dreadful moments that make you question if he should really be a starter still.

Busi- Arguably the worst of the lot. Had some good moments but otherwise, he's been mostly dreadful, especially in the role Koeman keeps trying to persist in using him for. His strengths have also decayed, to the point where he plays with his head in his own ass when trying to pass the ball. like he's still some sort of hotshot that believes in his own hype.

No one will bench Messi, and Alba and Pique are playing due to a lack of proper depth in their positions and they could still be useful if they can stop making stupid mistakes. Roberto is serviceable for the most part and hasn't really been bad. Busi on the other hand should be riding the bench for Pjanic.

Yea, pretty much. I think we're making big mistakes for a few years already, which are gonna push the time needed for a rebuild. Every mistake we make trying to delay the inevitable is going to prolong the time needed to form a new side.

One thing, I consider Alba as better than Pique. Alba imo should be given more credit because he simply is the one that is physically still near his prime.

Richard.H

A full rebuild will never happen with the old guard. In 2008 we got rid of Ronaldinho, deco, edmilson, Thuram, Zambrotta, Oleguer. Who is the man that did this? The man with the biggest balls in Catalunya, Laporta. This is more significant than even cleaning out Messi, pique, busquets, and Roberto.

Givenchy

Yea, pretty much. I think we're making big mistakes for a few years already, which are gonna push the time needed for a rebuild. Every mistake we make trying to delay the inevitable is going to prolong the time needed to form a new side.

One thing, I consider Alba as better than Pique. Alba imo should be given more credit because he simply is the one that is physically still near his prime.

Alba actually isn't finished, people just want him gone as hes a cunt. i'd like to see Alba without Messi on the pitch, he starts some games well but always ends up resorting to Messiball trying to find him at any cost.

Birdy

A full rebuild will never happen with the old guard. In 2008 we got rid of Ronaldinho, deco, edmilson, Thuram, Zambrotta, Oleguer. Who is the man that did this? The man with the biggest balls in Catalunya, Laporta. This is more significant than even cleaning out Messi, pique, busquets, and Roberto.

Do you think that Laporta can do this atm? Or that he (as Victor Font) will try first to offer Messi a new contract?

Richard.H

Do you think that Laporta can do this atm? Or that he (as Victor Font) will try first to offer Messi a new contract?

It's probably a touchy subject in the club politics. Ronaldinho is a club legend and did take us out from the dark ages, but he is not as big for the club as Messi has been and he was fully done with the sport by 2007. The trophies, the fact he's a canterano, and some legendary wins in clasicos have all come with Messi. I'm sure Laporta is smart enough to know that we have to do a full rebuild, but convincing the not so bright socis is a whole another problem. They live in the past much like 75 % of this forum.

khaled_a_d

Right now he is a mixed bag.
One thing he surly likes: PLAYMAKING AND PASSING
Past few games (probably since Sevilla games) we aren't Messi dependent anymore on build up, and that is even when we moved Messi to be our AM (his natural position atm).
Coutinho, Pedri, Pjanic are all involved in playmaking, Fati is developing nicely in that area, same with Trincao
Griezmann is also involved in passing and connecting with other attackers, Busquets is always a passer, Roberto is a playmaking RB and Lenglet is great in building from the back.
Even in his subs, he takes Alba for Dest, who is better in passing and crossing.

This fits with the Dutch idea for 4231, where playmaking is appreciated and 2 or 3 of the front 4 are actually no10 who are switching.

In the long run, this is great as it is developing our possession & creating ability. But atm? we are most likely doomed.
Team atm has no one to score in penalty area, closest thing to that is Fati but we played him as n09 only one game. With Messi bad finishing we are doomed in scoring abilities despite all the chances we create.

In addition, we lack speed in the team, only Alba provide that along Dembele, the later is inconsistent at best. Dest is quick but he is yet to show it in attack.

Our defensive set up still leaves a lot to be desired, same with our inability to be more cohesive when being pressed, but honestly huge part of this has to do with personal in his had, as I mentioned many times lack of quick CB and winger hurts in those areas.

serghei

Right now he is a mixed bag.
One thing he surly likes: PLAYMAKING AND PASSING
Past few games (probably since Sevilla games) we aren't Messi dependent anymore on build up, and that is even when we moved Messi to be our AM (his natural position atm).
Coutinho, Pedri, Pjanic are all involved in playmaking, Fati is developing nicely in that area, same with Trincao
Griezmann is also involved in passing and connecting with other attackers, Busquets is always a passer, Roberto is a playmaking RB and Lenglet is great in building from the back.
Even in his subs, he takes Alba for Dest, who is better in passing and crossing.

This fits with the Dutch idea for 4231, where playmaking is appreciated and 2 or 3 of the front 4 are actually no10 who are switching.

In the long run, this is great as it is developing our possession & creating ability. But atm? we are most likely doomed.
Team atm has no one to score in penalty area, closest thing to that is Fati but we played him as n09 only one game. With Messi bad finishing we are doomed in scoring abilities despite all the chances we create.

In addition, we lack speed in the team, only Alba provide that along Dembele, the later is inconsistent at best. Dest is quick but he is yet to show it in attack.

Our defensive set up still leaves a lot to be desired, same with our inability to be more cohesive when being pressed, but honestly huge part of this has to do with personal in his had, as I mentioned many times lack of quick CB and winger hurts in those areas.

Good analysis. Griezmann and Messi are failing the team a lot in the scoring department. Defense lacks speed at the back no doubt. Crazy how slow Pique and Lenglet are when they have to make lateral moves to cover wider runs.

As a personal preference, hate how we look in the 4-2-3-1 though. Every game is chaotic. We have more energy and directness but it never looks controlled.

Last edited:

soul24rage

I want to see the lineup that played vs Juve on a more consistent basis.

I really hope that Koeman now realizes that Busi and DJ have no chemistry with each other whatsoever and Pedri or Puig is needed on the LW to have more midfield control.

henias

I want to see the lineup that played vs Juve on a more consistent basis.

I really hope that Koeman now realizes that Busi and DJ have no chemistry with each other whatsoever and Pedri or Puig is needed on the LW to have more midfield control.

The guy is as clueless as Valverde. The way I see it he'd just mix and match. He has no inkling of their capabilities. He even played Pedri as a RM/RW. If not 2 DMs with 4 attackers with zero midfield control. Subbed out Fati, leaving the most useless attackers on the field.

Even if he gets one thing right, he'll get 5 others all wrong. Koeman in a nutshell.

serghei

The guy is as clueless as Valverde. The way I see it he'd just mix and match. He has no inkling of their capabilities. He even played Pedri as a RM/RW. If not 2 DMs with 4 attackers with zero midfield control. Subbed out Fati, leaving the most useless attackers on the field.

Even if he gets one thing right, he'll get 5 others all wrong. Koeman in a nutshell.

Those subs vs Madrid are huge red flags. He completely destroyed any hope of a midfield structure with his subs. Those looked like FIFA 20 subs.

Home of Barca Fans