Real Madrid

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'll ask again but I think the few responses already answered my question. Were Real Madrid really that much better than Barca this year? Barely beat Barca in league despite horrendous signings and coaching. It's not like they looked unbeatable at any point in the year except in this final.

Real Madrid were consistent as hell; we were not.

gasgas

What did we get from our classico win?
There was a season where Madrid killed us in Classicos but didn't even win the league. It's just another overhyped 3 points which we gave back vs Malaga

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They weren't that better if at all. They barely won La Liga and that with obvious helping hands. Barca were their own enemy as we never lost a single match in La Liga vs. top 5 teams beating Madrid at their own playground too.

As for their CL path goes. Re-watch a daylight robbery at Bernabeu vs. Bayern. Those dickheads had no business being in the final.

Bayern - Juve should have been a final with Juve taking it but things don't pan out like that on merit. Real has had more luck than any team in recent years and that's just another factor you can't calculate in.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bayern were lucky to be in the game with the amount of chances Real Madrid missed too, before they equalized. They've had a lot of luck in recent years too, but they have also built their team impressively, something we unfortunately have failed at.

I think we need to revisit our strategy and start hoarding great talents like them and give some of our La Masia players a chance instead of signing the likes of Arda. There's no disadvantage to it. You get great depth and if those players want to leave, you can sell them at a premium price and replace them accordingly.

It's also time for this board and management to make some big changes this summer, if not for Barca then at least to save their jobs.

The sad fact is that it's not just the 1st team and La Masia that has seen bad decisions been made and strategies being followed. The Barca basketball team is in ruins too.

ronniecro

with the amount of luck they have their domination is just starting,as i said,i can see them winning again next year too

SocalBarcaFan

Real Madrid were consistent as hell; we were not.

Consistent yes but along the way they also pulled out more than their fair share of last min wins in league. There's not much to say about them in the champions league this year. They were definitely the best team all year. But I just get the sense that Barca fans are panicking about how Real are so far ahead of us. It's not that bad. We arguably have the better starters. Just not deep enough. That's the one area we need massive improvement

Icarium

Lifestealer
Zidane really knows how to manage this real squad, they are not at the end of their cycle too. They just started, next two season will be fun. Barca definitely has to up the game.

Horatio

You're welcome
Zidane really knows how to manage this real squad, they are not at the end of their cycle too. They just started, next two season will be fun. Barca definitely has to up the game.

They might not be at the end of their cycle but they definitely benefitted from certain teams heavily underperforming this season. In the end, all teams' potential to success are partially dependant on the form of their competitors. Like you say, if Barca takes it up a notch next season at least La Liga is already ours.

Devils

They sign world class players and world class talent every year

It makes it very difficult to compete with them these days because they not only have incredible monetary funds, they also have incredible recruitment and scouting strategies.

No other team in the world is as good as they are at it. For example, our scouting is fucking garbage.

SocalBarcaFan

Luckily we still have Messi. He is the trump card. If we only get adequate players to fill in the gaps Lucho left I think we will be fine.

jairzinho

It's hard not to make the case that Real Madrid are on the same or higher level than Barca was during the peak years. The question for Zidane now is if he can preserve the depth that they have. Morata, Isco, James are enviable players to have on the bench but its hard to think they're going to want to play in that role any longer.

Last edited:

Devils

It's hard not to make the case that Real Madrid are on the same or higher level than Barca was during the peak years. The question for Zidane now is if he can preserve the depth that they have. Morata, Isco, James are enviable players to have on the bench but its hard to think they're going to want to play in that role any longer.

Depends how you look at the level tbh. Style wise, no they aren't on the same level, but results/trophy wise they surely are. At the end of the day, winning football is what cements legacy and they are doing just that.

Morata and James will probably go. Each for massive transfers. Isco already said he is staying today.

KingLeo10

they aren't as dominant in the league as we were in pep's heyday. and they lack the iconic performances like the 6-2 and 5-0 on madrid, 4-0 on bayern in 45 mins, as well as the complete domination of united over 2 finals. but they are getting there and we must stop them.

Home of Barca Fans