Real Madrid

Temptation

Congrats to the Madrid fans on the forum including the closeted ones. Greatest club in the world already so no need to win the CL again! Let us peasants win it. :cheers:

Morten

Thanks, in the end we were just the most consistent team, very good way to seal it too, with this win.

Won't be as easy next season though, expect Atletico, and Barcelona in particular, to be much better next season.

Horatio

You're welcome
I don't care tbh, we broke the tradition under Zidane, so teams should feel free to do whatever in the last remaining games.

You do care. But you don’t want to be a hypocrite so you accept it for what it is. Nothing wrong there.

Why was it broken again?

Morten

Why was it broken again?

From the back of my head, Zidane said Barcelona didn't give us pasillo after we won the CWC, so therefore they broke the tradition first, so none should be given for the league either.

It was always supposed to be about the league and nothing else, if i'm not mistaken, so it was just something Zidane made up i think.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

From the back of my head, Zidane said Barcelona didn't give us pasillo after we won the CWC, so therefore they broke the tradition first, so none should be given for the league either.

It was always supposed to be about the league and nothing else, if i'm not mistaken, so it was just something Zidane made-up i think.

tru

Catta

Zidane broke it because he is a sore loser. And now Real will be hypocrites because of it, if they whine (which the shameless club will do 100%) when other teams don't do the guard of honor for them.

El Gato

Villarato!
Pretty sure he was correct on the CWC pasillo as Betis gave one to Barca some years back IIRC
Wouldn't be him changing tradition there, rather people not knowing that it's really up to anyone whether they want to or not and doesn't say shit about class or lack of. Pasillo was always a dumb thing that people only care about when it's timed for meetings between rival clubs

Birdy

It was always supposed to be about the league and nothing else, if i'm not mistaken, so it was just something Zidane made up i think.

Yes, the tradition is broken because of Zizou's inferiority complex.
He couldn't fathom that Valverde had made him his bitch in LaLiga

And of course, the whole point of the pasillo is to be mandatory as only in a mandatory format it credits respect and recognition from opponents to the champion, and all the 'it's up to someone to choose what to do' is pure crap!

MagIX

Congrats to RM, well deserved

Anyway very happy to have destroyed them at Bernabeu with a loud 4 -0.

Home of Barca Fans