Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
This is great stuff, Barca fans actually convincing themselves that Madrid could not get Gotze ("nobody wanted Ozil" :lol: ) and that they don't spend big money on players. That you guys actually believe your own crap, some very valuable psychological research could be done here.

jamrock

wasn't ozil's contract about to expire the season after real signed him, if he has stayed in germany and he made it clear he wasn't going to renew, I am next to certain that was the case.

which explains why most big clubs didn't want him then, not because he was a poor player, but because they would stand a good chance of getting him for free the next year, and madrid were the only club willing to pay a half decent sum for him, I am next to certain this was also the case.

E

estranged

Mesut "disappears-into-thin-air-in-the-second-half" Ozil is one of the easiest midfielders in world football to mark out of a game, take away a bit of space from him and he can't do jack :p

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
wasn't ozil's contract about to expire the season after real signed him, if he has stayed in germany and he made it clear he wasn't going to renew, I am next to certain that was the case.

which explains why most big clubs didn't want him then, not because he was a poor player, but because they would stand a good chance of getting him for free the next year, and madrid were the only club willing to pay a half decent sum for him, I am next to certain this was also the case.

yuppers.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Can't we just lock this thread, delete all the posts except the OP and put what Stoichkov said about RM in the OP?

CbULd.gif

El Gato

Villarato!

How could these clubs possibly stand a good chance of getting him next year FOR FREE when the demand risen dramatically after a successful World Cup and RM made an offer almost immediately? Doesn't really make sense.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
How could these clubs possibly stand a good chance of getting him next year FOR FREE when the demand risen dramatically after a successful World Cup and RM made an offer almost immediately? Doesn't really make sense.
Didn't you get the memo Wolfe? Logic does not apply here! It does not matter how you arrive there, as long as the end result comes down to Barca being great and/or Madrid cheating.

soarq

If you look at the teams of the 80s and 90s, it was Real Madrid who was more successful at producing a homegrown core. I mean really, is what Barca has done any different than the Quinta del Buitre?
Obviously they did. Miguel Pardeza, one of 5 members of Quinta del Buitre, played only 28 games for Madrid and moved to Zaragoza, so there was 4 top cantera players really not 5. In Barcelona you have: Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Pique, Messi, Busquets, Pedro, Thiago, Fontas. That's 11 not 5 and 10 of those 11 played more than 28 games and will play many, many more. And they are crucial part of best Spanish NT in history. There are many talented players in La Masia nowadays, not all of them will make it obviously but some will very soon. What FC Barcelona is experiencing nowadays has never been matched with such an enormous success, both at the club and NT, it's something very extraordinary.

It won't be the same all the time. But no-one expects new football legend (xavi, puyol, messi) from the academy year by year. A crack every few years, and reliable source of squad A players will do fine. And it's working as you can see how midfield generation changes (Xavi 32, Iniesta 27, Fabs 24, Thiago 20). The youth coaching methods mutated bye time and improved steadily benefiting from experience, and the same happened with scouting. It's that big collective work and gained experience from several decades what Barcelona is benefiting from lately. And will in the future.

W

woobie

Not so sure you can consider Thiago, Fontas, or Valdes crucial parts of the best Spanish NT in history (and clearly not Messi, who is not Spanish, but it seems you're not counting him anyway).

And I'd suggest you look back through footballing history -- there have been eras in which clubs produced or had immense pools of talent all coming up at once. Unless perhaps you're inferring that this is the first big jump at Barcelona?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

because despite the increased interest after the World Cup, top teams were hesitant to pay 13m for someone that would cost 6m in six months and then 0m in twelve. Madrid clearly decided that paying 13m and beating everyone to him would be worth it due to his talent, hence they made the move.

jamrock

because despite the increased interest after the World Cup, top teams were hesitant to pay 13m for someone that would cost 6m in six months and then 0m in twelve. Madrid clearly decided that paying 13m and beating everyone to him would be worth it due to his talent, hence they made the move.

thank you, for saving me the effort of replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans