Rafael Márquez

mobster_1930

He is 31yrs old, that's a fine age for a CB. Loan Chygrinsky and keep Rafa next year, his experience can be crucial. I will watch him carefully at this WC with Mexico, there is no way he lost it !

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Im not saying Chyggy has been good, i was saying that Rafa has been Just as bad,

But Chyggy has time on his side, where as Rafa is at the end of his career, so id much prefer Chyggy.

barca96

Im not saying Chyggy has been good, i was saying that Rafa has been Just as bad,

But Chyggy has time on his side, where as Rafa is at the end of his career, so id much prefer Chyggy.

yeah ur right. thats why chiggy needs more time. preferably on a loan to a la liga side.
with madrid being stronger than ever next season, we cant afford to have someone like chiggy to be back-ups for cb.
rafa had a few bad matches but he delivered when we needed him against arsenal.
so we still can kinda count on him when needed.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
no one mentioned that chiggy made us lose.
and how many successful passes did he make?
less than 5 successful passes over 20 tries.
well, that was because he didn't. not singlehandedly. (sevilla penalty was NOT a valid penalty).

Hellsangel

Keep Chigsy and keep Rafa. I watched the latter play today for Mexico and he was absolutely fantastic. This Marquez is a valuable asset who can fill in for Yaya if he leaves.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
He wasn't that bad, he barely played first off. And he was good when we needed him to be, like against Arsenal and the last ten minutes or so against Real Madrid. Yeah we conceded two against Zaragoza once he got on but you can't in any way say he was responsible for both goals. Plus he's a club legend that signed an extension a few months back, I want him to say as long as he's content with sitting on the bench.

Aasim

Bumbleman
I saw him play DM for Mexico and i thought he was great. He knows how to pass, you dont lose that and he could be a very able back up to Busquets. I hope he doesn't leave but he should not play CB, he doesnt have the pace anymore.

Home of Barca Fans