Quique Setien

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ok remember all the stuff Valverde said when he arrived? It was the exact same thing lmao and EV had a reputation for beautiful attacking football too.

The truth is management just wave a magic wand and make old players who have won everything run like they're young and hungry for success.

I think many people will be in for a rude awakening soon. Setien is much less qualified and regarded than EV when he took over.

If he sucks or fails people will call him out for it.

Can you now please just shut up about Valverde. Valverde's thread is in the Barca History sub-forum if you want to keep sucking him off.

Messigician

If he sucks or fails people will call him out for it.

Can you now please just shut up about Valverde. Valverde's thread is in the Barca History sub-forum if you want to keep sucking him off.

I am not sucking him off, I am just seeing the exact same parallels for Setien on here and when EV replaced Enrique.

The first page of the EV thread says it all really

George_Costanza

[tw]1217914660650921985[/tw]

Unbelievable skill, technique and fitness.

But can he squat on a cold rainy night in Camp Nou?

ernesto-valverde-barcelona-20191.jpg

Latschenkiefer

I am not sucking him off, I am just seeing the exact same parallels for Setien on here and when EV replaced Enrique.

The first page of the EV thread says it all really

I don't see anyone highlighting Valverde's positivity on the first page of his first thread. And I also don't see there any of his quotes. The second post already is about Valverde's football maybe not suiting us.

Should people write Setien off before he even made his first game? Should they have booed Valverde from day one? What's wrong with greeting a new member of the team and hope for the best. Maybe this new manager will have the guts to promote youth players who can run or ask for appropriate signings.

Slevinn

He's 60 and has more verve and positivity about him than Valverde could ever imagine.

This just can't be a thing about being new. I am genuinely excited about Setien's Barca.

And yes, results are secondary. I am interested about Barca being Barca again. That football I can enjoy on my weekends again.
This!

People that dont care how we play can just check LiveScore to see if we won.

Tackle

Quique Setién: “What I always want from my team is to play well. If my team wins 1-0 without playing well I will be happy to get three points and because I know most people will be satisfied, but I will go home disappointed because that is not enough for me. Luck is a part of football, but if you do things well you'll always have a better chance to win.”

Vilarrubi

Quique Setién: “What I always want from my team is to play well. If my team wins 1-0 without playing well I will be happy to get three points and because I know most people will be satisfied, but I will go home disappointed because that is not enough for me. Luck is a part of football, but if you do things well you'll always have a better chance to win.”

Good signs. Part of our downfall in some games is trying to protect leads or not going for more goals. Attack is our best form of defence imo.

xXKonan

According to Moises Llorens this happened in the first training session.

Sources say the first thing Setien requested from the players was "sacrifice." He scheduled a double session on his first day and brought them in again on Wednesday, cancelling a previously scheduled day off. One first-team player told ESPN the workouts have been "intense," more intense than those under Valverde, and the rondos -- effectively piggy in the middle -- have been "smaller, quicker and fiercer." Pique and Arturo Vidal were dead on their feet after 20 minutes of Tuesday's first session, with a more tactics-based lesson following in the afternoon.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelo...dugout?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Hardy

delicious, hopefully Setien will send to retirement Pique and Busi with this kind of training or they can always search for another team.

Home of Barca Fans