Quique Setien

Neeraj

Some of you literally posted 10 000 shitty posts 24/7 with:
1. Anyone would be better than Valverde
2. Not a single player has improved under EV
3. Player XX would fly under a proper coach not named EV
4. EV didn't win La Ligas, Messi did. ANY manager could do the same with Messi.
5. We have an amazing squad.

You are tired of posts about defending EV?
Do you think that it was fun to read 100s of nonsense posts daily for 2 years where EV was guilty for player's limitations, inability to run, a lack of a fighting spirit etc.

I personally wouldn't post these things if there weren't so many shit thrown around.
I mean, a topic was called Retardo.

As George Costanza said, every action has a reaction.
If we had to read 20 000 posts how EV was guilty for everything, OF COURSE that you will get back 20 000 posts with: I told you so, anyone would be better than Valverde, we have an amazing squad etc.

I mean, when I say that Arthur is shit, and when he plays a good game, I get at least 10 notifications with people calling my name, trolling me and saying I told you so.

That is a common practice here.
Why should we stop doing that if nonsense from the last two years prove to be wrong, esecially: if some players will be shit even under a new coach, if we still won't move, if we will still get outran etc.
And those things are imo 90% probable to happen quite soon.

You guys can't just throw shit, nonsense and exaggerration when it fits you.

When my theories are wrong, feel free to troll me.
But it works both ways.

So, in short: no, EV topic and EV comparisons isn't over and will stay here for a looong time.

You see what the problem with this statement and post is right? You're basically admitting that you and other Valverde backers are basically looking for reasons to smack talk, just to prove a point.

Why can't you be objective about things? Valverde was shit - Look at your signature - while you blame every single person from Barto to Abidal, only Valverde is missing. While I'm not saying that the squad is perfect or that Barto isn't an even bigger criminal here, why does Valverde get excused from top to bottom? So going back to this - Valverde was shit - he played bad football and embarrassed us in CL. That's just the fact.

Now - those of us who called Valverde shit - we are ready to give Setien some time. If he's shit - we will call him shit too. I know I'm not going to make excuses for Setien next season, and just look for reasons to say he is better than Valverde. If he's shit, he's shit. That is the fact, whatever I think of Valverde. You, on the other hand, refuse to see it like that. You've basically admitted in your post that you will not be objective - so I'm not sure how you expect people to take your posts on Setien seriously then, given that you're just looking to troll. It's just weird - because as a Barca fan, unless you're related to Valverde or have some personal reason to love him, there's no reason for such an extreme backing of the guy. He's not a legend, and AT BEST, you can maybe not hate him because you can argue that he won 2 la ligas. But what you're doing is just baffling.

BBZ8800

Neeraj said:
Now - those of us who called Valverde shit - we are ready to give Setien some time. If he's shit - we will call him shit too. I know I'm not going to make excuses for Setien next season, and just look for reasons to say he is better than Valverde. If he's shit, he's shit. That is the fact, whatever I think of Valverde. You, on the other hand, refuse to see it like that. You've basically admitted in your post that you will not be objective - so I'm not sure how you expect people to take your posts on Setien seriously then, given that you're just looking to troll. It's just weird - because as a Barca fan, unless you're related to Valverde or have some personal reason to love him, there's no reason for such an extreme backing of the guy. He's not a legend, and AT BEST, you can maybe not hate him because you can argue that he won 2 la ligas. But what you're doing is just baffling.

It is not even about EV.
Roots are in the entitlement of our fans.
Fans want:
1. La ligas
2. CL
3. Eye pleasing football
4. Playing their favorite players
5. Playing young La Masia players

Without Messi, there wasn't a single moment in a history where we had all 5 things.
When you add a fact that we cheated with La Masia in the past and that in normal times, it is hard to expect La Masia talents.
About a CL, we won 1 CL/Champions cup prior to Messi.

Out of these 5 factors, EV has failed at playing beautiful (and playing forum favorites).

My 2 points: EV was accused for 10s of things for no reason.
Point2: maybe you guys demand too much.

You say: if Setien will be shit...
That will mean:
No1: EV was not as bad as people thought
No2: if Setien will have similar results, maybe that is our reality today.

Imo, people are still living on clouds and measuring everything with Pep's era, when we had everything.
But back then:
1. We had a better president
2. We had better sporting directors
3. We had young Messi
4. We had Xavi-Iniesta
5. We had young players
6. Our players won 0 or 1 Cl in their careers (they were hungry)
7. Seria A just died and a CL lost Milan and Juve
8. EPL was not as rich as today so it was easier to buy EVERY SINGLE player
9. There was no oil clubs like Psg and City, who are copying us and buying players whom we want and thus making it harder for us
10. We cheated with La masia rules and gained an unfair advantage over the opponents
11. No Atletico Madrid to kick our asses in Europe

And imo, people are still living in that era and are expecting a similar level of results, titles, beautiful play, domination, investing in youths.

And then, when a coach fails in some of these things, he is a cancer.

Serghei will now come and say: we need a right coach, Pep or Klopp.
But why would they come here?
There are Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool plus Chelsea, Arsenal, Psg, Tottenham.
7+4 big clubs in Europe.
If there are two good coaches in the world, only 2 teams will get them and 5 will have to settle for mediocricy.

But then, if you live in a past (Pep's era), people are used to have it all:
1. Best coach, Pep
2. Best player, Messi
3. Key players, Xavi, Iniesta, Busi
4. La Masia talents (cheating)
5. Beautiful play
6. Trophies
7. Domination

Again, how realistic is to expect anything close to that:
1. With coaches not named Pep and Klopp
2. With no Messi or 32 years old Messi
3. No Xavi and Iniesta
4. Bad president
5. Bad directors
6. Bad transfers
7. No La Masia anymore
8. Emergence of oil clubs and EPL rich teams

I could even defend Setien, this is not only about EV.
If you guys are expecting anything close to our golden years, then every coach will be sacked in a few Months and you will call him a cancer.

Pep's era, as mentioned in the beginning, had a mix of 10 perfect factors.
Today we have none of those factors, lol.

If you look at it in this way, you will understand why I don't hate EV.
Because all 10 factors around our club are horrible and the opponents are stronger than back then due to oil clubs, Juve back from death, emergence of Simeone's Atletico in a CL and extremely rich EPL clubs.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Im still absolutely baffled that BBZ doesnt get why people dislike Valverde. It has virtually nothing to do with entitlement, our golden era or players in their prime (and so on). It just happens to be that hes as uninspiring as a sack of rice.

serghei

Im still absolutely baffled that BBZ doesnt get why people dislike Valverde. It has virtually nothing to do with entitlement, our golden era or players in their prime (and so on). It just happens to be that hes as uninspiring as a sack of rice.

BBZ's whole reasoning is as if Barcelona is Derby County (just a random weak team). According to him, we have crap players, crap academy, lazy veterans who are unable to run, self entitled fans, we sign the worst players, and the dumbest midfielders.

We should be creating as many chances as Southampton, because Barcelona, according to him, is sinking like Titanic and is about Southampton level.

Sorry guys, it's time to realize we're getting nowhere with this guy. If we pedal more and try to convince him for the 900th time that what he says is idiotic, we're the fools. Because it is obvious that he will always see things like that.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

He is a defender of mediocrity. Also a contrarian who disagrees with people just for the sake of it.

Pepsbarca

It is not even about EV.
Roots are in the entitlement of our fans.
Fans want:
1. La ligas
2. CL
3. Eye pleasing football
4. Playing their favorite players
5. Playing young La Masia players

I think if we can just get #3 on your list a lot of people will be happy with the new coach. Valverde is a mid table manager. Nothing wrong with that at all. He's still very good, he's just not up to the top level.

xXKonan

I can understand being fans of a pragmatic system and coaches.

But in this case, Valverde simply wasn't good enough to even be a pragmatic coach. His level is clearly for teams like Bilbao, Mid-table-Battle for EL spots. I wouldn't be surprised to see articles that come out here eventually detailing how poor Valverde was at handling the team.

Just leaving it up to the Vets and doing nothing else is not an acceptable tactic.

Devils

"Too many training sessions will piss off our senior players, they will go against Setien and his ways"

EOazZyUW4AE1M0G

EOazb8FX4AYS06S

Last edited:

JohnN

2020 and we need to argue that EV was not good enough for Barca.
Take every single problem, one by one, into account.
Bad president, complacent seniors, bad la massia level, aging squad, bad away phycology, and so on and so forth...
Now tell me how any of that has anything to do with how shit EV is.
I will answer. Th6e don't. They are irrelevant.
He would still be shit if we solved all other problems. So why defend him at all? You can say this for example.
EV is useless and uninspiring and we have 10 more, irrelevant, problems. That is objective. Why mix it all up?
No one said that firing him would solve the other 9 problems. That is a straw man. But he freaking remains a problem as long as he is here. How hard is that logic to follow.
No one expects fast tiki-taka and demolishing every single team with this current squad. That is another straw man. But we expect to beat Levante and Granada.
You get the point.

KingLeo10

BBZ firing warning shots, lmao.

Too bad you're as much of a terror as EV was to the players, dawg.

Here, I got something for you,

:lol:
:lol::lol:

Home of Barca Fans