Qatar Airways to appear on Barça shirt from 2013/14 season

AL-MALKI

Being gay isn't illegal in Qatar. It's against the islamic sharia which provides a framework for the civil and penal laws in the country.
There is a thriving gay population in Qatar btw, not comparable to say Spain but Qatar =/= Saudi Arabia.

It seem to me you are trying to shine it up but really making it look worse at least for me...So if 99.9% of the native qatari people are against open homosexuality in their society by their religion and it's forcefully legalized by the ruler does it make things better it will make him a dictator what should the native qatari ppl do maybe move away from their own country..And now Instead of promoting a country that doesn't have gay rights we are promoting one of the companies of a dictator which is making things better in your eyes

The thing of thriving gays and it is legal in qatar is not true if you are caught in the act then you (depending on a lot of factors) could be punished by law
what ever you do in your private life and no body see is yours and nobodys business in every islamic country...

About the deal it was good i think with bonuses it could reach 33 ME a year was good at the time form non profitable organisation all i was thinking how much we are going to get from the profitable ones when our deal is over...but it seem that this privilege of putting the 1st profitable company on our kits is over if this deal go through....the other thing we are the best team in the world we should be getting the money to match it this team isn't going to last for ever and we have arguably the best player in history...

And this qatar deal is all over the place in our club even on the training kit doesn't leave space for other sponsors and we lost the turkish airline cuz of it
IMHO if we don't get at least 45-50 ME a year then it doesn't look good and hopefully the club members will do something about it and stop it

Last edited:

Alik

qatar airways is a quality airline, arguably the best in the world. just like barca is arguably the best football team in the world. quality sponsor for a quality club. glad that the club is putting quality of sponsor above money.
Ah yes, that's what they were going for.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Wow only £30m a year?! We're shit and we've still managed to get £20m a year :D
It's not even that... it's around 25 million pounds or 30 million euros...

Edit: Even worse is that only 15 million euros, half of the money, come from the shirt deal itself. The other parts come from other parts of the deal, such as having the logo on the training kit, playing friendly matches and having the logo on several other places owned by the club (including Camp Nou and the new Masía).

314-480x257.jpg

It really is a horrible deal.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
You know you'd have had £50m+ a year shirt deal if the sponsor was going to be your first shirt sponsor as that was going to be your unique selling point. To be the first ever sponsor on the holy grail of the barca shirt.

Instead as I and many others knew at the time Laporta/Rossell did it via the backdoor via Unicef planting the seed for the future.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Qatar is a quality dictatorship, arguably the best in the world. just like barca is arguably the best football team in the world. quality sponsor for a quality club. glad that the club is putting quality of sponsor above money or human rights.

:lol:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Qatar is a quality dictatorship, arguably the best in the world. just like barca is arguably the best football team in the world. quality sponsor for a quality club. glad that the club is putting quality of sponsor above money or human rights.

Gold standard.

Theconomist

Autocracy=bad
Democracy=good

is such a western point of view to have.
Any form of government should have the maximisation of the population's happyness as a goal, wether that's achieved by all the people voting or one man ruling with an iron fist is irrelevant.

Besides I doubt you know much about Qatar to really judge.
The press is freer than in many western countries, even yours. i.e Julian Assange

Not going to enter a political debate but trying to be funny without having anything to support your claims is stupid.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Which is why people are sent to prison for life here when expressing their views... That must be it. It should also explain why the country is given a negative rating by reporters without borders, while Qatar is given a healthy +46.

http://en.rsf.org/report-qatar,162.html
http://en.rsf.org/press-freedom-index-2011-2012,1043.html

As to the Assange trial... I don't see why police wouldn't talk to someone who's been accused of rape... If they weren't to do that, it'd be negligence on their part, and they'd be seen as incompetent (well, they already are).

And I do agree that Autocracy doesn't have to be a bad thing, but it generally turns out that way. Especially when the people are not allowed to speak their word.

But then again, you were probably just going for cheap points, weren't you?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans