Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

serghei

Its really strange, we aren't supposed to be any good at football-

Wasn't Laudrup Danish? Exceptions happen and they can be notable.

Besides, vikings have awesome genes. Not talking about Isak from Sociedad here no offense.

Last edited:

Morten

Just that I generally like Scandinavian players. They seem to have solid work ethic and top mentality. And if they also have talent... they can be great players.

Denmark isn't Norway, and when it comes to football, there are few similarities.

serghei

Denmark isn't Norway, and when it comes to football, there are few similarities.

I am well aware of geographical limits between the two countries. Not talking about citizenship here, but of the history of Scandinavian people as being tough and warrior-like. They have a competitive nature that goes very well with sports.

I can see in Haaland this type of mental toughness and seriousness. He is no buffoon that's for sure, and seems a hard worker too.

Morten

I am well aware of geographical limits between the two countries. Not talking about citizenship here, but of the history of Scandinavian people as being tough and warrior-like. They have a competitive nature that goes very well with sports.

I'm not talking geography, there is just next to nothing in common between us in sports, incidentally, partly because our geography is so different.

serghei

I'm not talking geography, there is just next to nothing in common between us in sports, incidentally, partly because our geography is so different.

You may see few similarities no doubt.

But me, from a Latin country, with virtues and flaws similar to other Latin countries, I see and sense things differently. For me Scandinavian people have some traits and genetical features which are different and peculiar compared to Latin people.

If you don't believe in this stuff, feel free to ignore it.

Laplacian

Wasn't Laudrup Danish? Exceptions happen and they can be notable.

Besides, vikings have awesome genes. Not talking about Isak from Sociedad here no offense.

What is this even supposed to mean? "viking genes are awesome" and yet for some reason we don't excel in olympic sports, football, basketball, tennis, distance running, sprinting, swimming, race car driving, figure skating and so on. The only sports we excel at are winter sports because well we only have 3 months of sunshine a year. And when I say "we" I mean the Swedes and Norwegians. Danes don't really have mountains for skiing lol.

Anyways, people fetishise Scandinavians way too much. Our genes aren't "awesome", they're normal. We're not the only ethnic group to have had groups of people that liked to pirate, raid, and trade lol.

Temptation

I can see in Haaland this type of mental toughness and seriousness. He is no buffoon that's for sure, and seems a hard worker too.

Isn't that the stereotype with Balkan athletes too??

Home of Barca Fans