Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

serghei

With his old legs? Nah. Top 5 is stretching it.

Nah, for me, a fast team will simply take away his time on the ball. He is terrible when there is low movement around him and he has to keep the ball. Because he is slow and a tall skinny dude with no power to protect the ball. But his mind is still fast. He sees passes quickly, and almost always makes the best decisions.

serghei

No top team other than Barca would take current Busi as a sub, let alone a starter.

No one is spoiled, the guy is a black hole in midfield, 90% of counters we concede are because of him. The only reason he looks decent in some moments is because every ball has to go through him.

No, there must be something else we are missing. Because every single manager that worked with him trusts him. One is fine, the guy is dumb doesn't know much, Xavi is dumb, but everyone being dumb is not something that is possible at this level.

Think about it. Spain should have won Euro with Busi at DM. They 100% should have beaten Italy and England.

serghei

The problem with judging Busi is that he was a DM in a team having a multitude of problems. He wasn't DM in a top team to single him out as "the problem". If anything, in better setups, his level seemed higher (under Lucho at Spain NT).

Even now, his partners in midfield will be two kids. Gavi and Pedri. Both with problems, despite being the darlings of the forum.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

No, there must be something else we are missing. Because every single manager that worked with him trusts him. One is fine, the guy is dumb doesn't know much, Xavi is dumb, but everyone being dumb is not something that is possible at this level.

Think about it. Spain should have won Euro with Busi at DM. They 100% should have beaten Italy and England.

There's a difference between winning a Euro with Busquets and winning a Euro with him being a major factor to that win.

But even that convo is moot, because they haven't won shit with Busquets :lol: I disagree with you on this one man. Busquets has proven himself a liability since 2017 versus top teams in CL. He was a good player in his prime, but he and MATS are sure fire fuck-ups when CL rolls around. The every coach uses him argument is flimsy as he's not had any real competition for that spot here or at Spain. It's not like he was beating out Casemiro or whatever.

FinBarcelonafan

There's a difference between winning a Euro with Busquets and winning a Euro with him being a major factor to that win.

But even that convo is moot, because they haven't won shit with Busquets :lol: I disagree with you on this one man. Busquets has proven himself a liability since 2017 versus top teams in CL. He was a good player in his prime, but he and MATS are sure fire fuck-ups when CL rolls around. The every coach uses him argument is flimsy as he's not had any real competition for that spot here or at Spain. It's not like he was beating out Casemiro or whatever.

Yeah agree on this sentiment.

Busis lack of physical skills has cost him and his team's.

He is not a modern player. Physically.

Gnidrologist

They should've lost to Croatia in the first place. Crates were eating Spains defenses alive through Busquets area in second half and start of the overtime, but Spain got one lucky goal and one cheaty goal and went that settled it. Were actually better against Italy, but didn't create anything.

serghei

I don't know man. I have watched many of the last season's games in my TV channel in reruns since in preseason the content of new football is low. Busi played an incredible amount of superb passes that sometimes during the game they go by unnoticed. Passes that are not accessible to other players, very few can make them.

I think he is partly a liability, and partly an asset. Under different circumstances, his good side sees more light and his problems off the ball are better covered by other players. It's just that our team has been overall pretty terrible in many areas of the game.

Only now we're sorting shit out on multiple positions that needed fixing for years.

The truth is that positions around Busquets have been shit at this club for years. It's hard to predict how Busi would have done surrounded by fitter, faster, better leaders.

If you add Busi problems + Pique problems + Alba problems + lack of Alves replacement + Messi shit workrate + lack of true wingers + Stegen conceding most tough shots on target + Bartomeu shit transfers... you add all of those and you realize that the problems of this team went way way way above just Busquets.

Even in his prime he was not the player to transform a team, or even a midfield. That was obviously Xavi.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I don't know man. I have watched many of the last season's games in my TV channel in reruns since in preseason the content of new football is low. Busi played an incredible amount of superb passes that sometimes during the game they go by unnoticed. Passes that are not accessible to other players, very few can make them.

I think he is partly a liability, and partly an asset. Under different circumstances, his good side sees more light and his problems off the ball are better covered by other players. It's just that our team has been overall pretty terrible in many areas of the game.

Only now we're sorting shit out on multiple positions that needed fixing for years.

The truth is that positions around Busquets have been shit on this club. It's hard to predict how Busi would have done surrounded by fitter, faster, better leaders.

Busquets biggest strengths in his prime was ability to suck pressure, and being at the right place at the right time. The later he used to prevent counter attacks before it even happens while the former made us the best team on the ball.
Currently he is a liability against pressing from top team, even Liverpool admits they targeted him during the Anfield game. While now he is a lot of time one step late which made him a total liability against counter attack.
Overall I think he is a CM atm, not a DM and surely not a sole DM. Teams would have a use of him in different system. Against Liga he can do alright too, but we need a better defense and GK to cover for his ass when we are countered

serghei

Busquets biggest strengths in his prime was ability to suck pressure, and being at the right place at the right time. The later he used to prevent counter attacks before it even happens while the former made us the best team on the ball.
Currently he is a liability against pressing from top team, even Liverpool admits they targeted him during the Anfield game. While now he is a lot of time one step late which made him a total liability against counter attack.
Overall I think he is a CM atm, not a DM and surely not a sole DM. Teams would have a use of him in different system. Against Liga he can do alright too, but we need a better defense and GK to cover for his ass when we are countered

Nah, he wasn't press resistant on an individual level (he isn't fast, can't really protect the ball well enough). He benefitted a lot from Xavi's influence, as the players from the national team of Spain. Once Xavi was gone, his role was never replaced, and more pressure was put on Busi with fewer options to beat it.

serghei

Is serghei sitting here all day and every day? It seems every second post in every thread is his.

Don't know where you live, but here it's 40 degrees in the shadow this time of the year, and drinking mai tais, smoking cigars, and posting on Barcaforum while watching EPL is fun to me.

Home of Barca Fans