Pre-season friendlies 14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceefoo

Bayern fan here

Your B and C teams did very well given the circumstances. The boys held it pretty well in the 2nd half.

We wheren't too sharp tho'. Pep's tactics are still not as solid as we would like them to be. But he's working very hard. The SuperCup on Saturday will tell how much it's progressed so far.
Nice1 Xander. Do you think Pep will pursue with Larry Lahm in the midfield? It was a surprise seeing him there, even more so, scoring with a header.

Zincubus

Banned
younger players can be proud of that second half performance :worthy:

So true !

Bad. Carried by 3 attacking players and the defense was much worse than the 1st team, little resemblance to a Barca side.

I thought they took third place last season but theguy mentioned 8th place , I think .

Wasn't too bad. The kids second half we're pretty impressive I thought, all things considered. All about fitness at this stage.

Ugh what an ugly trophy.

100 times bigger than The Ashes !

God stop talking about pressing!

That's what we will be doing from now on , though , pressing like never before apparently .

I hope the coaches see the need of at least two new players.
I'd say a CB plus Attacking Midfield Plus a striker ( discard Pedro and Sanchez ).

Bayern 55%-45% Barca

Split for both halves ??

Nice1 Xander. Do you think Pep will pursue with Larry Lahm in the midfield? It was a surprise seeing him there, even more so, scoring with a header.

Seems strange to play a fullback in midfield when they have about 10 top quality midfielders already !?

jamjamjam

The negativity on this forum is becoming unbearable, wheres are the PTC´s at?? I think we did alright, given the players are only a week into training, it was the first friendly of the preseason and most of the key players and more importantly THE COACH were absent.

:flagvl8:

probably fairweather fans that jumped on board during the height of barca's success, they'll drift off to bayern forums soon enough:pep:

ShandyFFM

Like i said we could see again that we need a tall goalkeeper so we can get more high balls. But pinto and valdes arent tall enough. Then we need at least two young cb who war quick and tall.

Xander

Lahm played 3 games as central/defensive midfielder under Pep (3 of the last 4 friendlies to be exact). Suprisingly he scored in each of these matches (Lahm hadn't scored in 2 years). First header in his career tonight.

Anyways, to your question. Simply: No. Lahm will remain our main right full-back. He played DM because Martinez and Gustavo where not there/ not ready. Rafinha played RB because, in my opinion, Pep wanted to see how reliable he really is.

Overall Pep has tryed many players in unusual positions, he's just experimenting a bit. The SuperCup will tell a lot more of our future tactics.

ldb198

wasn't it only 5:30 pm? Most men were probably at work or just leaving. Unlike Spain- they don't have as high and unemployment rate so not that many available during the day. AND It was a friendly so I wouldn't read too much into who was in the stands today.

poltergeist

I was seriously impressed with the youngsters. They gave a really good account of themselves. I was particularly impressed by Espinosa, Joan Roman and the new signing, Dani Nieto looks the part. Patric and Kiko at RB were solid as well.
Sergi Roberto is some player. He was our best player whilst he was on the pitch.

Zincubus

Banned
74th minute (Judas subbed off).

The stupid commentator was slating our beautiful Senyera away kit. Some people! :angry:

Well I dislike the away kit as well , sadly .

I absolutely loved last years away shirt. ... I'm wearing it now :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans